Lopressor for constant palps

[Le...]

I’ve been off klonopin for 1.5 years but recently had two extremely intense panic attacks, I took .5mg twice a week apart and I felt so weak and terrible doing it but I couldn’t handle the panic...I was doing so good and it sucks that I back tracked. I went to the doctor and he put me on lopressor a beta blocker, does anyone have any experience with having heart palpitations as a protracted symptom and taken a beta blocker. I’m so scared of medication now but I can’t handle these palps any longer.

I WISH I could get a BB . Dr Jennifer Leigh had a setback a few years out and she had to be on a BB for awhile . it did help her . I didnt have palps but just a very high HR and and bad POTS for my first year. Its still not right and I am calm . I cannot get a dr to do anything but laugh and say its anxiety . My HR is only high when I stand or sit . Its becoming less now but it still occurs sometimes .

I’m on Metoprolol as well. I take 12.5mg in the morning and 12.5mg at night. I’m on the immediate release. Sometimes they prescribe the extended release. I’ve been on it for 5 months now and it definitely helps the heart palpitations and tachycardia and it does calm the panic attacks. You don’t feel them as bad! 

Thank you, I’m pretty much scared to take anything but these palps are so scary and I can’t take it anymore. I think I will take them just to see how they are, I’ve read some people saying they have their own side effects that cause anxiety and insomnia and it’s scared me to actually take one so far.  I have 25mg tabs maybe I will break them in half and try night and morning.

Thank you, I’m pretty much scared to take anything but these palps are so scary and I can’t take it anymore. I think I will take them just to see how they are, I’ve read some people saying they have their own side effects that cause anxiety and insomnia and it’s scared me to actually take one so far.  I have 25mg tabs maybe I will break them in half and try night and morning.

I had a few side effects when I started taking them. It definitely increased the dizziness I was experiencing. But it went away in two weeks. Now I tolerate them perfectly fine. Fingers crossed you can take them with ease and don’t experience any side effects. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
I hate the heart palps. I am having them now as I type this message out. No matter how long you have had them, you can never get use to them. I was on inderal a long time ago, but it did not help me much with the heart related sx's.  :'(