new help quitting chewing tobacco

[ju...]

i have been on chewing tobacco for about 11 years give or take..  i really want to stop using it .... i use about 1.5  cans a day  which is about 30 pouches ..  i use  pouches  .. i can only seem to go about 1.5 hours when i am awake and try not to use it before anxiety kicks in and i start feeling really weird in my head.  any suggestions are welcomed ?

• 2 weeks later...
I use to chew but not anymore. The craving never goes away to restart but so far, I have resisted. Are you still on or off benzos jumpman. I quit chewing tobacco cold turkey fyi.

[ca...]

I quit smoking during my WD and it intensified it by 1000. If you do quit go really slow. I actually quit for 9 months and started again and finally had a window. I went back to the Ashton manual and she says to wait to quit if you’re tapering, I’m sure other buddies have quit with better luck than me though. But I definitely recommend going slow! 😊

Are you saying if you don’t use a pouch your anxiety kicks in?  If that’s the case let your anxiety go for an extra half hour and wait 2 hours and trying to keep pushing that time each week. See if your body adapts.

My husband was not a benzo user but quitting his pouches after 10 years it was very emotionally hard for him so I can only imagine how hard it is for someone tapering.

I really hope it goes well for you  :)

[ca...]
I am still smoking. When I started again I smoked a packed a day but over time I’ve got it down to about 5 a day usually after I eat.  I do want to quit but I’m just listening to my body tell me I’m ready.

thank you for the advice and no i am not tapering yet  i just started mental health therapy this week and i want to see if this will help me with my problems and if it doesnt then i will have  claim for disability .. once i get all of that sqaured away i will start my taper ......  yes the not having a chew make my anxiety worse ...  i have been slowly trying to cut back but one day i will do good with it and the next day i am back where i started because it gets hard 

I quit smoking during my WD and it intensified it by 1000. If you do quit go really slow. I actually quit for 9 months and started again and finally had a window. I went back to the Ashton manual and she says to wait to quit if you’re tapering, I’m sure other buddies have quit with better luck than me though. But I definitely recommend going slow! 😊

Are you saying if you don’t use a pouch your anxiety kicks in?  If that’s the case let your anxiety go for an extra half hour and wait 2 hours and trying to keep pushing that time each week. See if your body adapts.

My husband was not a benzo user but quitting his pouches after 10 years it was very emotionally hard for him so I can only imagine how hard it is for someone tapering.

Hi, thanks for posting this.  I quit smoking cold turkey 10 weeks ago & it does make benzo w/d even more hellish - if that us even possible.  I’m hoping the cravings go away soon.  I’m getting windows but small-ish ones lately.  The other day I got about 2/3 windows on a row & it was heaven.  Today I’m slammed again & feel like the sky is falling on.  I didn’t want to quit smoking but it made the inflammation so much worse & I couldn’t work.  So I had to.  I felt better when I read your post about how when you quit smoking in w/d it makes it worse by 1000. Maybe I haven’t lost my sanity after all & it’s just w/d & giving up smoking.  I’m also ridiculously lonely & this doesn’t help w/d at all.  Hope you’re doing ok

[ca...]

Hi, thanks for posting this.  I quit smoking cold turkey 10 weeks ago & it does make benzo w/d even more hellish - if that us even possible.  I’m hoping the cravings go away soon.  I’m getting windows but small-ish ones lately.  The other day I got about 2/3 windows on a row & it was heaven.  Today I’m slammed again & feel like the sky is falling on.  I didn’t want to quit smoking but it made the inflammation so much worse & I couldn’t work.  So I had to.  I felt better when I read your post about how when you quit smoking in w/d it makes it worse by 1000. Maybe I haven’t lost my sanity after all & it’s just w/d & giving up smoking.  I’m also ridiculously lonely & this doesn’t help w/d at all.  Hope you’re doing ok

Hi! I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through it, too. It’s a good sign you’re having small windows. I quit cold turkey, too. I wish I had done is slowly and I probably wouldn’t have went back to it like I did. It definitely intensified it. I felt everything you described. It was hard. I wish I had more will power. I’m happy that I’m down to just a few a day now. It makes me afraid to quit again just because of what I experienced when I did it the first time. But I know I will eventually. I’ve come so far with my health and recovering from WD  that I know I can do it! Congrats on quitting! It’s so hard to do even without the WD.  I hope you get longer windows soon!  :smitten:

I think quitting nicotine spray on middle of this made a lot of stuff much worse for me.

Now having to use it again but it causes terrible problems itself.