Author Topic: Calm mind, severe anxiety  (Read 4523 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Calm mind, severe anxiety
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 03:04:36 am »
Bittersweet,

Ugh it was hard for me to read at 6 months you are still struggling.  I am 3 months behind you.  I pray it gets easier for all of us. Does anyone use massage to help their anxiety? It has helped me some.  It normally only last throughout the day but at least it is some relief :)

My mom is going with me to get one this weekend. I'll report on how it goes.  ;)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 03:06:34 am »
Oh, [...], I'm sorry if my post was disheartening to read, being that you are 3 months behind me.  One thing I know is it all progresses differently for each person, so it could very well leave you or ease greatly much sooner than it has for me!  I also have 13 years of Paxil usage that I rapidly came off of in March right before quitting the benzo, so I'm sure that is playing into my equation.  I completely understand what you mean, though...I get really concerned when I read of others 8, 9, 10 months off and ahead of me who are still experiencing this anxiety.  It is a scary thought not knowing how long this will last, and I often find myself questioning if it is "just me" and if it will ever leave, but I truly believe it will. 

I can DEFINITELY report that it has improved.  At 3 months off, this was much more intense for me.  I now do get longer moments of peace and clarity, and just two days ago I had a full day of very low anxiety all day long and that gave me hope.  A day like that was unheard of for me for a long time, so it really does get better.  When it hits, though, I get very discouraged, especially since I can't seem to control it.  In the past before tolerance and w/d, I got anxiety for specific reasons, such as a stressful event or something I was concerned about...but this anxiety is so different...it just envelopes you no matter what.  It's a feeling that comes on out of the blue for absolutely no rhyme or reason other than the fact that the body has been so altered by these drugs and is working to fix itself, that it acts this way during the healing process.  I still get a lot of physical symptoms, so I always try to tell myself, hey, if my body hasn't physically repaired itself yet, how can I expect that my brain will be functioning normally at this point?  It will eventually fully fix itself, I just wish it didn't take so long for all of us.  :(

As far as massage goes, I have never had a professional massage, but my boyfriend gives fabulous massages!  I get such horrible muscle tension and it definitely seems to help with the excess anxiety.  Another thing that helps me is foot rubs.  I really believe in accupressure, too, and have done a bit of research on that.  There are definitely coping methods and ways to make yourself a bit more comfortable when experiencing the anxiety, and keeping things at bay. 

You describe it so well. I thought I was the only one. We will heal in time. I, as well, have hope.  :hug:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 07:32:49 am »
Glad im not the only one who has this sometimes. Its quiet disturbing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 06:17:47 am »
Bittersweet,

Ugh it was hard for me to read at 6 months you are still struggling.  I am 3 months behind you.  I pray it gets easier for all of us. Does anyone use massage to help their anxiety? It has helped me some.  It normally only last throughout the day but at least it is some relief :)

My mom is going with me to get one this weekend. I'll report on how it goes.  ;)

Went to get a massage. It helped some.  :) I'm glad to report that it did not exacerbate any symptoms. It was okay.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »
[...], glad your massage was helpful.  I've done accupuncture also. They both have given me temporary relief!! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 05:26:02 am »
[...], glad your massage was helpful.  I've done accupuncture also. They both have given me temporary relief!! :thumbsup:

Might give it a try, always wanted to since this nightmare. Been a little hesitant to try it. Might give it a go. Thanks for suggesting it.  :) I had a good week but hit a bad wave again yesterday. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 01:34:05 am »
Hi Ink, had a rough day yesterday but for the most part the last week has had an upward swing, yeah!!! :yippee:

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 01:23:22 am »
Hi Ink, had a rough day yesterday but for the most part the last week has had an upward swing, yeah!!! :yippee:

Awesome snap!!! I so appreciative for those times when things lessen in intensity or go. They may come back but during that time of calm, I feel like I can regroup and build up strength for the next storm. I'm glad you're doing better. I felt better this week, too. A week after my monthly, I feel better. A week before, I'm a mess with anxiety. We'll get there, friend. Keep holding on to that fire.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 04:44:42 pm »
Ink, I can relate to the cycle issues!! Glad to hear from you.