4 Months Ativan free

[Ma...]

9 months off today. The last month was rough and brought many waves that felt like setbacks, but I am slowly returning to a better baseline. Once again, a lot of my waves came from attempting to add vitamin D in different forms, which my body is flat out saying no to. I have been sitting out in the sun every day, now that the weather is warm here. We had an intense heat wave that my CNS did not appreciate. Overall, I am improving, albeit slowly. My breathing and cough remain my worst sxs. I am waiting for a pulmonary function test but in the age of COVID, I am not seen as a priority. Happy to report that things have been busy at work and with my kids, and I kept up with all of it… even have helped a friend move. We are headed on a short vacation next week, with hiking and kayaking in the plans…. Nervous but excited that this summer I am able to do what I couldn’t just a year ago. Little glimpses of me returning. 🙃 Keep going, buddies!

You’re doing amazingly well, M! As you know, I have the breathlessness, too - 1 year off on August 3. It comes and goes and DEFINITELY gets worse when I’m reacting to something. I pray that it continues to ease up as my CNS heals. Enjoy your vacation, dear friend.

• 2 weeks later...

I am responding to this pretty late, but I am triggered by 'monthly cycles' as well. I am curious if this is common for us ladies. Ashton mentions it in the manual but also says women feel worse during monthly cycles in general. Anyway, good to see you are starting to heal. I also have coughing, but I think it's more Covid related. Still healing from that.

I wish you good healing!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you beauty… I appreciate you reminding me that the breathing issues are part of this journey. The power of the mind still astonishes me. The days I worry about the breathing, it almost paralyses me. I’m building more resilience each month to be able to ignore the symptoms. That’s a win for sure.

Oxa, I think many of us struggle around our cycles. I have recently stopped birth control pills after 6 years, and my hormones are resetting… it’s been interesting and definitely triggers mini waves. Hang in there!

Marwegs, checking in to say how happy I am to hear that you are experiencing those glimpses of you again.  This is indeed wonderful.  I also cannot get rid of this back/chest pressure that makes me feel like I am not getting enough air.  It is my worst symptom thus far, but when it fades into the background (yes, a true skill to ignore this and one I am working on as well), it is glorious to have those glimpses of life without withdrawal.  Hang in there, my friend! 

Thanks Marwegs! I found a separate topic related to monthly changes in waves and windows. Since progesterone affects GABA-A receptors, when it levels drop we get a wave I guess. And stopping birth control is definitely also triggering. Hope it levels out soon for you!

Today is 10 months off, and I’m both grateful and scared. I have healed so so much. This month my family and I went away for several days, hiked, kayaked, ate everything I wanted, swam, laughed with friends….. it was a reminder of how far I have come. We vacationed at a mountain resort about 2 hours away, and my bigger remaining symptoms of breathlessness and chronic cough sort of disappeared. But with days of returning to lower elevations and humidity, they seem to have returned with a vengeance. It feels like asthma, although I have never been diagnosed with that. My ventolin puffer doesn’t help much so I don’t use it, but last night I decided to try my ventolin plus Flovent puffer to test if it would help. Well, I didn’t sleep. It certainly helped but it created such an awful internal vibration and panic that I was up all night. I’m hoping this feeling wears off soon. Anyone with breathing issues have any advice? I see my doctor on Monday and will ask to pursue some testing. I am scared…. I’ve been coughing on and off for over a year now…. Any insight would be appreciated 💗

Hi Marwegs,

So glad you are doing better in a lot of ways. I have astma and what has helped me in the past is steambaths. Hot shower in a closed bathroom can do the trick, but the easiest way is just boil some water on the stove, and use that pan with a towel to get steam. Be careful though, it's hot, so make sure you don't burn yourself. Let it cool down some if it's too hot. The steam helps thick mucus te get thinner so you can get rid of it easier. I think a face steamer might also do the trick. Hope it helps. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

11 months.

I actually forgot about the milestone until my dear buddie, JuJuBi texted and reminded me! That’s a good thing.

I am rarely on here anymore because life is moving forward. Month 10 wasn’t easy but I am starting to just ‘live’ in spite of the waves, which are mostly minimal. Breathing issues come and go and cough is significantly better in recent weeks.

Keep going, buddies. Life is so sweet, no matter how hard 💗

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Marwegs!

Forgetting your milestone is a true sign of healing.  The months pass by and now I have to actually sit down and count the months since jumping.  I’m at 20 months.

I agree that you have to live in spite of the waves.  I had a bad one recently but I made it through.  It was induced by stress.  But I pushed on through.  Glad to hear the good news from you!