Author Topic: 4 Months Ativan free  (Read 2197 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 4 Months Ativan free
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2021, 07:16:44 pm »
Thanks [...]! I found a separate topic related to monthly changes in waves and windows. Since progesterone affects GABA-A receptors, when it levels drop we get a wave I guess. And stopping birth control is definitely also triggering. Hope it levels out soon for you!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2021, 03:53:32 pm »
Today is 10 months off, and Iím both grateful and scared. I have healed so so much. This month my family and I went away for several days, hiked, kayaked, ate everything I wanted, swam, laughed with friendsÖ.. it was a reminder of how far I have come. We vacationed at a mountain resort about 2 hours away, and my bigger remaining symptoms of breathlessness and chronic cough sort of disappeared. But with days of returning to lower elevations and humidity, they seem to have returned with a vengeance. It feels like asthma, although I have never been diagnosed with that. My ventolin puffer doesnít help much so I donít use it, but last night I decided to try my ventolin plus Flovent puffer to test if it would help. Well, I didnít sleep. It certainly helped but it created such an awful internal vibration and panic that I was up all night. Iím hoping this feeling wears off soon. Anyone with breathing issues have any advice? I see my doctor on Monday and will ask to pursue some testing. I am scaredÖ. Iíve been coughing on and off for over a year nowÖ. Any insight would be appreciated 💗
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2021, 04:22:48 pm »
Hi [...],

So glad you are doing better in a lot of ways. I have astma and what has helped me in the past is steambaths. Hot shower in a closed bathroom can do the trick, but the easiest way is just boil some water on the stove, and use that pan with a towel to get steam. Be careful though, it's hot, so make sure you don't burn yourself. Let it cool down some if it's too hot. The steam helps thick mucus te get thinner so you can get rid of it easier. I think a face steamer might also do the trick. Hope it helps. Good luck!

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2021, 04:40:34 pm »
Thank you Oxa!

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2021, 05:03:09 pm »
Thank you Oxa!

Welcome! Let me know if it helps. Drinking lots of water/fluids helps as well. Good luck.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 06:05:55 am »
11 months.
I actually forgot about the milestone until my dear buddie, JuJuBi texted and reminded me! Thatís a good thing.
I am rarely on here anymore because life is moving forward. Month 10 wasnít easy but I am starting to just Ďliveí in spite of the waves, which are mostly minimal. Breathing issues come and [...] and cough is significantly better in recent weeks.
Keep going, buddies. Life is so sweet, no matter how hard 💗

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2021, 06:21:30 am »
That's a good thing [...]! Tnx for sharing with us!

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2021, 02:26:31 pm »
Congratulations [...]!

Forgetting your milestone is a true sign of healing.  The months pass by and now I have to actually sit down and count the months since jumping.  Iím at 20 months.

I agree that you have to live in spite of the waves.  I had a bad one recently but I made it through.  It was induced by stress.  But I pushed on through.   Glad to hear the good news from you!