Author Topic: 4 Months Ativan free  (Read 2196 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 4 Months Ativan free
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 06:20:09 pm »
[...], thank you!

Ha, youíre right about trying to figure it out! And I think this wave may or may not have come anyways. But something is very different about this wave, which made me wonder what ELSE could have upset my CNS. Symptoms have been worse than ever, even worse than acute. Perhaps this is normal, either way, Iím not risking it by adding anything else in. Iím praying for those wide windows too! Waves will come, I know, just want to do as much as I can to minimize intensity.... this one has really wrecked me.

Good luck with your COVID shot! Iíll be praying for mild symptoms as your immune system works to protect you!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 09:58:34 pm »
Yeah, I stilllook for reasons.  I had some dental issues for the past few weeks.  Was on antibiotics, then a steroid.  Iím still in pain but itís getting better.  I was worried that these would affect me, but they did not.  I did avoid taking any kind of opioid.  I stuck with Motrin and Tylenol.

All the best to you!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 05:23:41 am »
Hi buddies, today marks 6 months off of Ativan, and although the last month has not been easy, there is a lot of healing happening.

My main symptoms:
- chronic cough (including throat clearing and a tickle)
- shortness of breath and chest pain

Symptoms that cycle in during my waves are muscle twitches, fatigue, cog fog and benzo belly. Anxiety comes in waves but has greatly reduced except for here and there when other symptoms pile in at once.

Iíve noticed that my waves are cycling quicker than they used to... lasting a few days instead of a couple of weeks. I am so grateful for that, because it gives me a boost in morale to keep fighting.

Something that I have tried to do is get up and dressed no matter how I feel. I find that the morning dread passes within an hour or so after getting ready, and my days are smoother. Also, Iím walking every day, 3-4 kms... it makes a difference in my daily energy!

The hardest thing for me is learning not to overdo it when I feel better. Stress almost always brings a wave. I found a benzo wise doctor who has affirmed that I will heal in time, and that my nervous system just needs time to reset.

Hope this brings some hope to those of you still tapering. Itís worth the fight 💗💗

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:35 am »
This is great news [...]!  Congratulations!

I like that you force yourself to get dressed.  I do this too, even though I am working from home. 

What you describe is typical.  I had the cough, but no chest pains, I had pain in my belly. 

I also had a stage where I had quick waves and windows that cycled in and out. 

Good to hear that you are making progress. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 03:57:48 pm »
Thank you, [...]!

Did your cough resolve? I have been coughing on and off for a year, but it came and went while I was tapering. After jumping, it returned and now is constant, which givens me some concern. Doctor seems to think itís post-nasal drip. The cough and the breathlessness really bother me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 11:23:14 am »
Yes, my cough was like post nasal drip as well.  It went away after maybe 6 months.

But remember, we all [...] through this differently. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 12:57:17 pm »
Hello [...],

Thank you so much for your updates. Iím now almost 2 months post jump and am feeling a lot better. I still have waves and windows, but the waves donít bring me down as far and the windows bring me to higher places than I have ever experienced in 15 years.

I also have a chronic cough, and sometimes feel that swallowing is difficult. I think itís wd. It comes and goes.

Iíve become very philosophical through this and am trying to accept that sx may come and [...] and not fight them too much. I just pray for the strength to keep going and when I do have a great window I enjoy every moment of it!

Praying for windows and complete healing for all of us here.

~ [...] [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 01:05:52 pm »
Congratulations to you too [...]!  The first few months were the hardest for me. 

I see that you are also thinking more clearly.  Your philosophy is the same as mine and will help you remain calm during the rough waves.  Iím at 14 months nowótime fliesó and I felt a wave incoming yesterday.  But so far, I just have some burning skin.  I wonít fight it.  Instead I got up and took a nice walk.  My energy is down, but so what, I had a stressful week at work.  I will just enjoy the day and wait for the symptoms to pass.  I expect a sleepless night but I have a new book ready to read for when I am wide awake.

Sending wishes for endless windows!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 05:05:20 am »
Hello [...],

Thank you so much for your updates. Iím now almost 2 months post jump and am feeling a lot better. I still have waves and windows, but the waves donít bring me down as far and the windows bring me to higher places than I have ever experienced in 15 years.

I also have a chronic cough, and sometimes feel that swallowing is difficult. I think itís wd. It comes and goes.

Iíve become very philosophical through this and am trying to accept that sx may come and [...] and not fight them too much. I just pray for the strength to keep going and when I do have a great window I enjoy every moment of it!

Praying for windows and complete healing for all of us here.

~ [...] [...]

[...]! Iím sorry for the late reply... proud of you for getting to where you are! Sounds like you are healing, and your perspective is great! I really believe my good days are majorly influenced by my state of mind. God is my focus, and prayer has worked for me to overcome hard days and ruminating thoughts of fear. We will get there!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2021, 12:25:44 am »
Today marks 7 months off of Ativan. I can say that I have been doing really well, apart from a few monthly waves popping in and out. When the waves come, they are uncomfortable and are usually the same offenders: Air hunger, chronic cough, bursts of anxiety and weepiness. They are shorter than they used to be. But I will say that the anxiety and weepiness have subsided tremendously. Depression is gone, completely, now I just feel normal ranges of sad from time to time. I am healing... I can tell I am healing, as my general disposition feels more like 'me'. I still battle with feeling like I shouldn't be lying in bed on my tougher days.... working with a counsellor on that, which I think has helped me so much to process all of the reasons I turned to benzos in the first place: grief and burnout.

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today, and so far, just a little tired and achey... nothing I'm not used to! LOL

I hope this encourages those of you who are still tapering, still fighting for your peace and healing. Things get better. Healing is slow, but I can say that I thought I would never feel hope again, and I don't even relate to that feeling anymore. Not even 3 months ago, I thought 'I can't do this anymore'. But as many of my friends on here have said.... the only way out is through. The coming months may bring more waves, but they also may bring more healing.

Shifting my thinking from 'What if' to 'Even if'...

Love to you all
 :smitten: