Updose

[Lu...]

Logically I'd think that if you were to up-dose during a crossover to Valium you'd be more sedated which many people complain about, it could also cause an uptick in the depression that Valium can sometimes exacerbate while getting accustomed to it.

I'd also think that this would eliminate any interdose issues you're currently having with Ativan.

My doctor set up a test week where I took 1.25mg at bedtime along with the Ativan.  I experienced some very uncomfortable sensations like I felt like jumping out of my skin for about 20 minutes.  Doc thinks that might have been some brief akasthia - his theory was the Ativan and the Valium were competing for the same receptors - maybe the Valium bumped off some Ativan ones and I experienced a brief acute withdrawal.  So if I end up crossing, he said to avoid the akathsia I would have to updose the Valium.  What do you guys think?  And he said the crossover would be done in a week.  I thought crossovers were slow...

I was thinking about your situation as I was out walking a little while ago and it feels like you may need to fully commit to the Valium instead of taking these baby steps.  I understand testing the waters like this but benzo's are so unpredictable its difficult to assign all of our symptoms to a certain action or event, symptoms sometimes pop out of nowhere for no reason at all.

I know you're already thinking about an up-dose but it may not be necessary, so worrying about this just creates more anxiety which will create more symptoms. Sometimes we just have to take a leap of faith and trust we'll land on our feet.

Why my pdoc was worried about it was because it happened twice.  After it happened on the first test dose, he wanted me to do another test dose, and it happened again exactly the same way, amount of time, etc.  I know what you are saying Pamster - I worry too much and second guess these types of decisions cause a lot is on the line.  It causes me a lot of extra anxiety...

I agree that it happening twice looks like a trend but maybe this means you need to up the initial dose, I have no idea though, just throwing things out there.

Yeah, we worry about how much we worry and feel worse for it, it's a viscous cycle. 

Pamster, I worry a lot - I’m hardwired that way.  Been to many therapy sessions on anxiety etc and I still worry a lot.  Especially with this stuff.