Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)

[su...]

I'm booked to have my first shot tomorrow.  Astra Zeneca.  So frightened. 

Need to move forward. Agree medications needed to treat Covid would be worse. 

For the team, too. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ga...]

• [Ba...]

Thanks, AntiBenzo. 

Just going to bite the bullet.  Cases are escalating here and I don't want to get Covid. 

If I peg out I wish everyone the best.  :thumbsup:  :laugh:

Thanks everyone.  I survived.  :)  So phobic of medications now but bit the bullet. 

Had my first Astra Zenica shot approx 10 hours ago and so far so good.  :thumbsup:

An increase in muscle and joint pain, but this went away and back to baseline.  A tiny bit nauseaus.  Gone now too. 

See how it unfolds, but I'm glad I had it as cases escalating here. 

Get this: lol  Made myself clean up my flat because thought I might die and didn't want anyone to see the mess I've been living in.  Have been so apathetic.  So long as no one else saw it didn't care much. 

This is awesome news.  Thanks for helping to protect not only yourself but others around you.  It took a lot of courage and you faced your fear!  Congrats!

Thanks everyone.  I survived.  :)  So phobic of medications now but bit the bullet. 

Had my first Astra Zenica shot approx 10 hours ago and so far so good.  :thumbsup:

An increase in muscle and joint pain, but this went away and back to baseline.  A tiny bit nauseaus.  Gone now too. 

See how it unfolds, but I'm glad I had it as cases escalating here. 

Get this: lol  Made myself clean up my flat because thought I might die and didn't want anyone to see the mess I've been living in.  Have been so apathetic.  So long as no one else saw it didn't care much.

So many people told me this. The hole world has now many many clean apartments :D

I am happy you did it and I hope side effects won't occur or leave you fast again.

:smitten:

Relieved to see not just me who cleaned up flat pre vaccine.  Realised I was not the only one finding housework difficult.  Not the only grot around here.  :laugh:  I used to keep my place so well.  :(

Thanks Marigold  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a return of, an increase in, or a new onset of vestibular or vertigo symptoms with any of the Covid vaccines?

Or with Covid itself?

I haven't had the vaccine myself. I'm just wondering.

Came across this on the VEDA website. This is a very large, reputable, well known support group for vestibular (vertigo/dizziness) disorders.

These are folks talking about vestibular side effects from the Covid vaccines. Some of them did not have vestibular issues prior to the vaccine. It's 484 pages long!

Here's the link to the Vestibular symptoms from the vaccines: 

https://vestibular.org/forum/dizziness/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/

I think it's important to mention this on the benzo buddie forum because many folks deal with vertigo/dizziness/tinnitus/balance issues when taking benzos, tapering, in tolerance, or withdrawal.

- Miss Fortitude

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am definitely one of the sensitive ones as I have been in back-to-back setbacks from steroids, antibiotics, and a few other meds for over three years now.

Seven weeks ago I got my first (Pfizer) shot.  I was in a terrible place going into it from one of my many setbacks from cold switching to a new thyroid med.  I decided to go for it as I will not survive the meds and Covid if I got it.  Now, weeks later, I'm not doing very well.  Immediately after the shot, I got only mild arm pain for a few days.  It was my only vaccine side effect. However, my CNS got really riled up.  I had a two week spell of tachycardia and high BP also major anxiety and quite a few other symptoms.  Today is a relatively decent day with "only" severe body pain.  Interestingly, a few days after the shot, I got a reprieve from all my symptoms for a while.  But that window closed pretty quickly.

Next week I plan to take the second dose.  I am not looking forward to it as I expect it to be even worse on my CNS than the first.  But, I have survived (barely) so long with these multiple setbacks - what's another year of feeling like crap  ::)

Good Luck Athsey,

It took me many weeks  and weeks to recover from the 1st one. Second one wasnt so bad but I guess the severe immune reponse to the 1st one triggered my damaged CNS and the second one my body already recognised the messenger so it wasnt as severe.

Although Im now in one hell of a setback from getting a Flu  Virus back in July. Sent me to state worse than I had ever experienced. Constant Akathesia for months makes me glad I now had the vaccine because god know what covid would have done to me. Going through this setback, I wish to holy hell I had had the Flu Vaccine last year.

Im one of these people that its like a no win situation but Ill always take the lesser evil, or what I think will make me suffer the least.

My experience taking pfzier vaccine back in Aug 2021. I'm one of those small percentage that are very sensitive too. I'm still dealing with dizziness. I know that the jabs aggravated my post concussion, benzo wd symptoms. Strong anxiety and depression. Now I'm dealing strong symptoms of benzo belly. There's definitely a brain and gut connection going on here. I'm definitely suffering 😫.

Mark

• 3 months later...
So I had the double dose of Moderna back in April and May, and am overdue for the booster, but because I had reactions to the first ones I am too nervous to get the booster. I had a terrible cold in September and then aspirational pneumonia in November, so I just want to enjoy a few months without being sick before I get the booster and it makes me sick...which is what many of my healthy friends say happened to them from the booster. I also don't want to be chasing the covid variants and getting booster every year. Do you guys think that is what will most likely happen?

So I had the double dose of Moderna back in April and May, and am overdue for the booster, but because I had reactions to the first ones I am too nervous to get the booster. I had a terrible cold in September and then aspirational pneumonia in November, so I just want to enjoy a few months without being sick before I get the booster and it makes me sick...which is what many of my healthy friends say happened to them from the booster. I also don't want to be chasing the covid variants and getting booster every year. Do you guys think that is what will most likely happen?

I also had the vaxes March, April -- didn't feel great and then caved on getting the booster in Dec.

Unfortunately, I think the booster had a role in my latest relapse/wave.  I wish I hadn't bothered with it since I am able to isolate with my lifestyle.  In the last few days I've developed a kind of pneumonia again from a really taxed immune system but can't see a doc about it until next month.  I won't bother with another vax unless another deadly varian goes around.  Who knows what is causing what?  If there were a past infection bloodiest for covid, I'd like to do that.

I hear ya wannabebetter. I don't watch much TV but spend my days mostly listening to audio podcasts. I hear there is talk about yet another booster. I have had the two shots and the booster. I am probably not going to take anymore recommended covid shots this year.

I am just gonna use a little common sense and try to live my life as I was doing pre-covid. I am pretty much isolated anyway. I see my psychologist monthly and I go to the grocery store once every two weeks to buy food. That is about it for me so my exposure is very minimal.

• 3 weeks later...

I am with you guys. Though I am feeling very inclined to getting the booster since I want to travel to see my beloved elderly uncle over the summer. I just know that I will get sick from it, but hopefully it won't be terrible. I dont spend a lot of time indoors with strangers without a mask, so I do limit exposure pretty well. Now if the masks don't work with new variants, then I will be screwed.

I spend a lot of time listening to audio podcasts, too, AntiBenzo. I started listening to them because my cognitive impairment was so bad that I needed to hear people speak very slow, and I loved that I could control the speed of the podcast down to 1/2x.

I used to watch the news on YouTube every morning as I make my greenie, but it is so depressing and doesn't go into detail...just one nightmare after the other in headline form, and no depth or follow-up. I would cry watching it, so I thought, why not give myself a break?