Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)

[su...]

Hi Miss Fortitude,

I think I am the otherside of it now. It took 2 weeks for the uptick in acute symptoms to settle down. I wasnt in acute the whole time but in and out. Im think Im back to my normal shitty baseline wave.

My 2nd dose isnt until the end of April so im trying not to stress out too much about it. Im really thankful it hasnt set me back massively like what the antibiotic did to me.

I don't know if you had the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, but I've heard some speculation that one dose may offer substantial enough protection that they were advocating ppl to forego the second shot in order to have more vaccine to cover more ppl at least one dose.  Then perhaps second dose could be given months later.  IDK, obviously no study data on that but thought I'd mention it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ga...]

• [Ba...]

Thank you somuch for sharing your experience with the variant of the vaccine for those who are sensitive. Yuor doing the community a wonderful service. I hope you are well soon.

Hello. I had the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine and had no reaction at all. My arm was a bit sore but nothing much really. I am so glad since I'm sensitive. We'll see how the second shot goes. Last year I got a reaction from the flu shot after several days. I went into a wave with amped up symptoms. I would say to everyone to get the shot, it's worth the risk.

Becky

Sorry you have been feeling unwell Cantfly. And welldone for being brave enough to do the antibiotics.  Nothing worse than something bringing up old symptoms.....its gets very tiring. You will win this not the bug!!!! 

Thank you for the encouragement  :smitten:

Deanna - I had the Astra Zenica. I heard that the Pfizer seems to give enough protection after one dose. I wish now i had that one but they dont give you a choice really. My second Oxford one is not until the end of April so i guess that gives me some respite.

Baddove - Thank you so much

Becky - Im so happy you didnt have a reaction to it. You must have been really worried having it done. It was very brave of you. Its so hard taking that risk when you have a lot people (especially in this community) saying they wont be getting it fullstop.

Hello. I had the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine and had no reaction at all. My arm was a bit sore but nothing much really. I am so glad since I'm sensitive. We'll see how the second shot goes. Last year I got a reaction from the flu shot after several days. I went into a wave with amped up symptoms. I would say to everyone to get the shot, it's worth the risk.

Becky

Hi Becky--

When you say "My arm was a bit sore", are you talking locally around the injection site or your whole arm got sore?

Hi Shania -  I think im over the vaccine wave now - it lasted about 2 weeks. Back to the normal baseline "wave" and being triggered by other things

Hi Shania -  I think im over the vaccine wave now - it lasted about 2 weeks. Back to the normal baseline "wave" and being triggered by other things

That's good to hear. Thanks for the update

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/02/real-world-trial-pfizer-covid-vaccine-finds-high-2-dose-good-1-dose

"Real-world trial of Pfizer COVID vaccine finds high 2-dose, good 1-dose protection"

On a personal note: I am scheduled to receive my 2nd Pfizer dose tomorrow morning. Originally, I had planned to travel out of state on business after receiving the vaccine but, upon reading about likely symptoms after the 2nd dose (fever, chills, aching bones, fatigue, etc.) I am now planning to put off my travel plans for a least a few days after the 2nd dose.

Edit: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2021/second-dose-vaccine-side-effects.html

"When Your Second Vaccine Dose Packs a Punch"

I have registered to be vaccinated, since I am prioritized higher now. I will get Astra zeneca.

Since it takes such a long time until we finally get the appointment for the injection  >:( where I live, it may take about 4 weeks until I get it, but I am happy I made it into this group. The "normal" people have to wait until the end of the year if the authorities continue to work like they do right now ::)

and I will report how a person with former mast cell disease, problems in all detox processes because of genetic defects, and with tons of other problems, will handle it:-) :laugh:

The normal people I know who got it had 2 days with a light fever and flu like problems and thats it. And even if it hits me with 2 weeks of flu like stuff - better than the real virus, in my opinion.

I had my first Covid vaccine on February 27th, so one week ago tomorrow.  I had the Pfizer brand, and since I have been pretty unwell since then I am beginning to think I have had a bad reaction: definitely an uptick in nausea, chills, flu-like, headache, lethargy.  Am now dreading my second one on March 20th.  I can’t prove that the vaccine has made me ill, but I can’t think of anything else that would have brought back these acute symptoms.  Disappointed!!!!

I had my first Covid vaccine on February 27th, so one week ago tomorrow.  I had the Pfizer brand, and since I have been pretty unwell since then I am beginning to think I have had a bad reaction: definitely an uptick in nausea, chills, flu-like, headache, lethargy.  Am now dreading my second one on March 20th.  I can’t prove that the vaccine has made me ill, but I can’t think of anything else that would have brought back these acute symptoms.  Disappointed!!!!

Why disappointed?! The approach towards the vaccine is to prevent to die or suffer badly from Covid.

Lots of people feel unwell some days after or maybe for some weeks but what is the other side of the coin.. You are lucky you have had the best product in my eyes, and you already have it. This wave may be caused by the vaccine but is temporary.

Well, now I can post back to you, Marigold....don’t know what happened.  In short, I was disappointed that I had to post a negative regarding my first Pfizer vaccine experience.  I don’t know for sure whether the vaccine has added to my already lengthy nasty wave, but just put it out there for some feedback.  I am so sensitive to so many different drugs that I considered it a possibility that the vaccine may have worsened my wave.  I had the flu vaccine in September this year with no issue.  I will be getting my second dose on March 20th, so it will be interesting to see what my reaction is with that one.  Bless my 81 year old hubby’s heart....he got his two Moderna vaccines and had absolutely no reaction whatsoever!  My brother got his two Moderna and was in bed for three days with flu-like symptoms.  So everyone is different and will have their own experience.  Have you had your first shot yet?

Well, now I can post back to you, Marigold....don’t know what happened.  In short, I was disappointed that I had to post a negative regarding my first Pfizer vaccine experience.  I don’t know for sure whether the vaccine has added to my already lengthy nasty wave, but just put it out there for some feedback.  I am so sensitive to so many different drugs that I considered it a possibility that the vaccine may have worsened my wave.  I had the flu vaccine in September this year with no issue.  I will be getting my second dose on March 20th, so it will be interesting to see what my reaction is with that one.  Bless my 81 year old hubby’s heart....he got his two Moderna vaccines and had absolutely no reaction whatsoever!  My brother got his two Moderna and was in bed for three days with flu-like symptoms.  So everyone is different and will have their own experience.  Have you had your first shot yet?

nope. I registrated and may be vaccinated in about 6-8 weeks.  :tickedoff:

And I am as I said, in a higher risk group. Normal people like front line workers in a supermarket... well, they might be happy getting it in 2022.

And this in the country that developed one of the vaccines. Ridiculous.

Wow, six to eight weeks is ridiculous!  Here in the U.S. we are moving ahead at a pretty good pace.  I believe President Biden has said he expects that everyone that needs to get the vaccine should get it by the end of May.  Woke up this a.m. feeling so much better that the past week, so maybe was just in a bad wave.  Be glad to have the second dose over with on March 20th, and look forward to welcoming spring.  Hopefully, your vaccine will come sooner than later!!!!

Thank you for sharing. I will get the Astrazeneca first dose this month, the entire city (normal people) will get it this month. The same doctor that announced it also said that is usual that healthy young people get bad symptoms with this brand of the vaccine. I'm scared because I'm suffering because of the taper and one of my symptoms if being sensitive to almost any food, and I notice something that feels like an histamine reaction when I eat feed I'm sensitive to (although I don't know if it's an histamine reaction really) so I am worried about the vaccine. Still better than the danger of getting covid, though.

Wow, six to eight weeks is ridiculous!  Here in the U.S. we are moving ahead at a pretty good pace.  I believe President Biden has said he expects that everyone that needs to get the vaccine should get it by the end of May.  Woke up this a.m. feeling so much better that the past week, so maybe was just in a bad wave.  Be glad to have the second dose over with on March 20th, and look forward to welcoming spring.  Hopefully, your vaccine will come sooner than later!!!!

Thank you.. some friends got it yesterday, 24 hours side effects - and then back to normal.

Hi.  I had a pretty bad reaction to my first Pfizer vaccine, with headache, bad nausea, and headache.  I believe you did, too?  Have you had your second dose as of yet?  Would like to know how you do...I am not looking forward to my second dose on March 20, but know I have to for myself and others I come into contact with!

Hi Garden, 

Is this question for me?

Ill answer anyway  :laugh:.

Yes I had a reaction. The normal reaction stuff like headache, aches and pains, nausea etc wasn't bad when I compare it to the cns stuff I got afterwards. It was very acute and did take quite a while to settle back down. I definitely had an extreme acute wave and it was definitely from the vaccine but I did expect it. I am extremely sensitive and my poor, broken CNS doesnt like any supplements, meds.... well anything much really. My 2nd dose is at the end of April and Im dreading it.

Had my first (Moderna) shot February 6th and my booster yesterday. So far so good, no reactions except a sore arm.

Update: in bed with aches this afternoon. Tomorrow is another day.  ;)

Hi Suzi, yes, my question was to you, but then I read an earlier post of yours where you said you were getting your second shot in APRIL.  So, I will be in front of you as I am scheduled for March 20th.  I will report back to you and let you know how the second one goes!  My GP said it was not that abnormal for a person to have a reaction to the first dose, especially someone like us whose CNS is out of sync!  I was in a nasty wave when I got the first dose, so that probably is why my reaction was pretty awful.  But, the good news is that I got it, I survived and I will survive the second one.....and can then look forward to a less restricted life!  Take care :laugh: