Author Topic: Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)  (Read 14383 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2022, 02:36:17 am »
So I had the double dose of Moderna back in April and May, and am overdue for the booster, but because I had reactions to the first ones I am too nervous to get the booster. I had a terrible cold in September and then aspirational pneumonia in November, so I just want to enjoy a few months without being sick before I get the booster and it makes me sick...which is what many of my healthy friends say happened to them from the booster. I also don't want to be chasing the covid variants and getting booster every year. Do you guys think that is what will most likely happen?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2022, 01:35:47 am »
So I had the double dose of Moderna back in April and May, and am overdue for the booster, but because I had reactions to the first ones I am too nervous to get the booster. I had a terrible cold in September and then aspirational pneumonia in November, so I just want to enjoy a few months without being sick before I get the booster and it makes me sick...which is what many of my healthy friends say happened to them from the booster. I also don't want to be chasing the covid variants and getting booster every year. Do you guys think that is what will most likely happen?

I also had the vaxes March, April -- didn't feel great and then caved on getting the booster in Dec.
Unfortunately, I think the booster had a role in my latest relapse/wave.  I wish I hadn't bothered with it since I am able to isolate with my lifestyle.  In the last few days I've developed a kind of pneumonia again from a really taxed immune system but can't see a doc about it until next month.  I won't bother with another vax unless another deadly varian goes around.  Who knows what is causing what?  If there were a past infection bloodiest for covid, I'd like to do that.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2022, 06:22:18 am »
I hear ya [...]. I don't watch much TV but spend my days mostly listening to audio podcasts. I hear there is talk about yet another booster. I have had the two shots and the booster. I am probably not going to take anymore recommended covid shots this year.

I am just gonna use a little common sense and try to live my life as I was doing pre-covid. I am pretty much isolated anyway. I see my psychologist monthly and I go to the grocery store once every two weeks to buy food. That is about it for me so my exposure is very minimal.

[Buddie]

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2022, 11:03:49 pm »
I am with you guys. Though I am feeling very inclined to getting the booster since I want to travel to see my beloved elderly uncle over the summer. I just know that I will get sick from it, but hopefully it won't be terrible. I dont spend a lot of time indoors with strangers without a mask, so I do limit exposure pretty well. Now if the masks don't work with new variants, then I will be screwed.
I spend a lot of time listening to audio podcasts, too, AntiBenzo. I started listening to them because my cognitive impairment was so bad that I needed to hear people speak very slow, and I loved that I could control the speed of the podcast down to 1/2x.
I used to watch the news on YouTube every morning as I make my greenie, but it is so depressing and doesn't go into detail...just one nightmare after the other in headline form, and no depth or follow-up. I would cry watching it, so I thought, why not give myself a break?