Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)

[su...]

I had the Oxford Astrazenica.

Im extremely sensitive to everything .... food, supplements, meds. (I also have bad histamine intolerance). One amoxicllin put me back in acute for 6 months so I was really reluctant to get the vaccine.

I dont have a spleen so I had to weigh it up and came to the conclusion that being hospitalised with Covid and given steroids and antobiotics would be a far worse situation for me.

0.5 hours after vaccine - slight nausea and anxiety (this could have just been from stress response of having vaccine)

2 hours after - intense headache

4 hours after - right foot went numb and started to feel achy and yuck

9 hours after - still felt the same but no massive uptick in symptoms

Overnight - Poor sleep, tossing and turning, slight internal vibration, want to crawl out my skin

Morning after - tired, fatigued, pain, sweaty and chills, slight akathesia but nothing major.

It hasnt been too bad so far. I had a much worse severe acute wave 3 nights ago. After some of the stuff ive been through this really hasnt been too bad, Im quite shocked. Hopefully it stays this way. Will keep updated.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ga...]

• [Ba...]

I dont usually post much, Im more of a reader. I just know I was frantically trying to find people who had had it for reassurance so I thought I should let people know how I got on.

There has been more of a revving of symptoms this morning but it is still bearable

Well done Suzi.. I imagine it wasnt an easy undertaking given your situation.. Hope the effects are short lived..

While you have popped your head up, can I side track a sec and ask if you have ever noticed any direct effects on anything due to also having no spleen..?

Happy to PM if you prefer..

:)

Well done Suzi.. I imagine it wasnt an easy undertaking given your situation.. Hope the effects are short lived..

While you have popped your head up, can I side track a sec and ask if you have ever noticed any direct effects on anything due to also having no spleen..?

Hi Cantfly,

The effects I notice is I tend to have a slightly lower immne system than the average person. I pick up everything, which is not ideal since withdrawal I have become extremely sensitised to my own immune response. If I get a nasty virus it can really send me in severe acute. In fact I know when I have picked up something because my withdrawal will tell me before the actual symptoms manifest. I guess also the anxiety if I ever did get an infection because I dont think natural methods will quite do the job. Im supposed to be on prophylactic penicillin but I cant tolerate antibiotics in any shape or form. It is a worry. My withdrawal has been horrific but whether thats has anything to do with not having a spleen ....... who knows.

My blood work for last year has also been showing low neutrophils ......again a worry but its this sort of thing that convinced be the vaccine would be the better option.

Thank you so much suzi for posting your experience. Happy to hear you are doing ok. Please keep us updated :)

Will do Blue, Its now been 24 hours since vaccine. Im feeling pretty gross but no more than an off day withdrawal. Some symptoms have been slightly revved but im not in my bed writhing and crying in agony (which happened alot when i ingest something that doesnt agree with my sensitive nervous system). Overall so far so good

I just want to thank you for being SO BRAVE and willing to share with others for our benefit in what must have been an agonizing decision for you.  That is very compassionate and we very much appreciate your generosity.

I wish you a very smooth experience going forward  :smitten:

Hi Cantfly,

The effects I notice is I tend to have a slightly lower immne system than the average person. I pick up everything, which is not ideal since withdrawal I have become extremely sensitised to my own immune response. If I get a nasty virus it can really send me in severe acute. In fact I know when I have picked up something because my withdrawal will tell me before the actual symptoms manifest. I guess also the anxiety if I ever did get an infection because I dont think natural methods will quite do the job. Im supposed to be on prophylactic penicillin but I cant tolerate antibiotics in any shape or form. It is a worry. My withdrawal has been horrific but whether thats has anything to do with not having a spleen ....... who knows.

My blood work for last year has also been showing low neutrophils ......again a worry but its this sort of thing that convinced be the vaccine would be the better option.

Thanks so much Suzi.. Iv just started to show signs of the horrid flu C18 brought home from work.. I dont get many communicable infections due to isolation, but im the same with what I do get sometimes, other times its fine.. But I notice it with injury or insect bites, they can get very nasty..

Your right, its so hard to define anything to specifically...

Thanks and best wishes..

Deanna - Thank you so much for your kind words

Cantfly - I really hope you feel better soon. Reading your posts I see you are aspenic too, its an extra thing we dont need in this. Although its nice to know Im not alone.

Marigold - Thank you so much

30 hours since dose Update:  I can definately tell I am having an immune response now as my withdrawal symptoms are really kicking up. The "normal" person side effects such as achy joints, headaches have now passed (except for the sore arm) but what Im getting now is benzo stuff. Currently agitated, severe anxiety/fear, internal vibrating has ramped up, I can feel akathesia building feeling the need to pace and run away from my body, nerve pain in teeth and gums, high pulse rate, screaming tinnitus, right foot has gone totally numb. I am praying they stay at this level and do not increase.

These kind of things happen everytime I get a particuarly nasty virus so I dont think it specifically "vaccine" related its just I am so sensitive and sensitive to my own immune response. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better than this.  Just wanted to add that Im not a waves and windows person. I seem to be in a constant wave and then get acute waves on top of that. Im am yet to see that eleusive window I hear so much about.

Deanna - Thank you so much for your kind words

Cantfly - I really hope you feel better soon. Reading your posts I see you are aspenic too, its an extra thing we dont need in this. Although its nice to know Im not alone.

Marigold - Thank you so much

30 hours since dose Update:  I can definately tell I am having an immune response now as my withdrawal symptoms are really kicking up. The "normal" person side effects such as achy joints, headaches have now passed (except for the sore arm) but what Im getting now is benzo stuff. Currently agitated, severe anxiety/fear, internal vibrating has ramped up, I can feel akathesia building feeling the need to pace and run away from my body, nerve pain in teeth and gums, high pulse rate, screaming tinnitus, right foot has gone totally numb. I am praying they stay at this level and do not increase.

These kind of things happen everytime I get a particuarly nasty virus so I dont think it specifically "vaccine" related its just I am so sensitive and sensitive to my own immune response. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better than this.  Just wanted to add that Im not a waves and windows person. I seem to be in a constant wave and then get acute waves on top of that. Im am yet to see that eleusive window I hear so much about.

I felt the same in withdrawal. I thought what is a window?? For me it was pure acute, it lasted endlessly and then a period of another horrible symptoms, they would just form new families to torture me - but no windows in between. I did heal.

Still have to do a lot for my health and heal some damages but you will notice the difference between withdrawal and dealing with the consequences of having been in withdrawal. Then life is worth living. I wish you a quick recovery :smitten:

Thanks again Suzi.. :) Over the years iv noticed a couple of others in the same boat, but who, or if current members, I couldnt say.. (perhaps even yourself..)

Im pretty ignorant on the whole subject, in a kinda “least of my worries” way.. -lol, double ignorance perhaps.. :(

Rest up and pamper yourself.. -You’ve earn’t it..!!

Thanks for the effort of writing your experience..

Thank you all for your support, you are all very kind.

46 Hours from Vaccine - I think last night was the peak. I had a rough night. Many symptoms went "acute" and it was extremely uncomfortable to say the least. This went on from 9pm until about 11am this morning. I have some residual acute stuff still going on now but I think I'm through the worst of it. I still cant quite fanthom how sensitive some of us become. I doesn't matter how many times I fall back into acute the terror is still indescribable.

Today I feel  hyper sensitive,  I like to describe it as a snail without a shell. Exposed and nothing to protect me from the stimuli of the normal world. Its a horrible inorganic feeling, so unnatural to the human condition.  I can tell my CNS has taken quite a hit. I did expect and prepare for this, I do however always hope that I will avoid it. I am hoping to return to my normal baseline "wave" as soon as possible.

I still do not regret getting the Vaccine as at least I can go through this in the comfort of my own home. I couldnt imagine having Covid, being in hospital and having to take multiple medications. It really is my worst nightmare, I just couldnt imagine the affect that would have on my CNS. I think it would probably kill me even if the Covid didn't.  I am going to do everything I can between now and April to calm my CNS ready for Vaccine number 2.

Thank you all for your support, you are all very kind.

46 Hours from Vaccine - I think last night was the peak. I had a rough night. Many symptoms went "acute" and it was extremely uncomfortable to say the least. This went on from 9pm until about 11am this morning. I have some residual acute stuff still going on now but I think I'm through the worst of it. I still cant quite fanthom how sensitive some of us become. I doesn't matter how many times I fall back into acute the terror is still indescribable.

Today I feel  hyper sensitive,  I like to describe it as a snail without a shell. Exposed and nothing to protect me from the stimuli of the normal world. Its a horrible inorganic feeling, so unnatural to the human condition.  I can tell my CNS has taken quite a hit. I did expect and prepare for this, I do however always hope that I will avoid it. I am hoping to return to my normal baseline "wave" as soon as possible.

I still do not regret getting the Vaccine as at least I can go through this in the comfort of my own home. I couldnt imagine having Covid, being in hospital and having to take multiple medications. It really is my worst nightmare, I just couldnt imagine the affect that would have on my CNS. I think it would probably kill me even if the Covid didn't.  I am going to do everything I can between now and April to calm my CNS ready for Vaccine number 2.

I have to say you are handling this in an excellent way, really. You knew it could be not so nice, you see symptoms coming, but you try to keep cool and sit it out. Well done! Your body is working hard at the moment, be kind to yourself and get some good food and lots of water :thumbsup:

Thank you Marigold for the encouragement.  I always find comfort in people like yourselves who had a terrible withdrawal (with no windows like myself) who went on to heal. Its gives me the strength to keep pushing forward.

I had the Oxford vaccine two weeks ago today in the UK. I am on the priority list as I have a primary immunodeficiency called CVID. I also have Ehlers Danlos III, Pots, MCAS and carry epipens for food allergy. I thought I would share my personal experience in case it is of some use.

I did not have any scary anaphylactic reaction. What I did get was dizziness very soon after but quickly resolved and a swollen arm. The next morning (I had the jab administered at home at 7pm by my GP) I felt like I had flu and the hard swelling on my upper arm was about 5 inches and very painful to touch. Flu continued. The swelling is down to about 3 inches now and very sore to touch still. I am dreading my second dose but I am afraid of needing a vaccine certificate to travel in future if that happens and I need to fly to see my family. For that reason I will grin and bear it. With my CVID it's only of limited use to me personally but I guess it may reduce the risk of me spreading it if I had it. Not sure.

Roxy

Roxy

Well done Roxy for be brave enough to do it with your other issues. I am too dreading the second dose, i guess like you will have to grin and bare it. I am still suffering from the first one.  I hope your arm settles down soon. 

Thanks for sharing. I do believe some of us on here will have some level of reaction- hopefully its limited. Well done to those who've had the vaccine-How Brave! 

I've noticed over the years although not conclusively that those who are tapering have limited reaction from other meds, Those who are recently off also have limited reaction to other meds and then there are those who have been off a while in protracted withdrawal who seem to be the most sensitive to other meds. The further out you are -the more sensitive you become- sounds strange but I've noticed this. Although this experience isn't with everyone.

Also to consider is that this will be a yearly thing. I'm interested to see how long set backs last from this phase of the rollout before the next round of the vaccine i.e. year 2. I'm not presenting doom and gloom to this. Its important to have the vaccine but am also aware that the further off you are the more your cns can be sensitive. I've seen this over the years. The good thing is this is an ever changing situation where in the future there may be other things to protect yourself, the vaccine dose may end up to be only once and the infection rate will calm down which will make folks like everyone on here safer.

Reactions to all things as we all know is an individual thing and one persons experience can differ hugely to another even without withdrawal.

Shania

I have definitely noticed this myself Shania. The longer Ive been off the more sensitive I have become. I had a flu vaccine whilst I was tapering and I had no reaction at all. I had another one when I had been off for about 4 months and the reaction only lasted a night. The wave from this Covid Vaccine is now on day 5 is still going but to a lesser extent.

I have definitely noticed this myself Shania. The longer Ive been off the more sensitive I have become. I had a flu vaccine whilst I was tapering and I had no reaction at all. I had another one when I had been off for about 4 months and the reaction only lasted a night. The wave from this Covid Vaccine is now on day 5 is still going but to a lesser extent.

Suzi,

How are you doing now after your Covid vaccine?

I hope you are doing better.

Hi Miss Fortitude,

I think I am the otherside of it now. It took 2 weeks for the uptick in acute symptoms to settle down. I wasnt in acute the whole time but in and out. Im think Im back to my normal shitty baseline wave.

My 2nd dose isnt until the end of April so im trying not to stress out too much about it. Im really thankful it hasnt set me back massively like what the antibiotic did to me.

I hope your past it now Suzi (not in the “put out to pasture” kinda way), I was thinking of you while iv had this “normal” flu.. Penicillin was okay (as usual) but did nothing, but the doxycycline has really rattled up my old and current symptoms.. -Its sure killing something..!! -just not sure who is gunna win, me or the bug.. :(

Anyways, keep getting better, and I hope the next round is only a blip..

Thanks for the info on your experience and the update/s..

-Dont forget to get yourself something nice, a well earned treat..