Author Topic: Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)  (Read 14351 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 11:29:58 am »
Thanks for sharing. I do believe some of us on here will have some level of reaction- hopefully its limited. Well done to those who've had the vaccine-How Brave!   

I've noticed over the years although not conclusively that those who are tapering have limited reaction from other meds, Those who are recently off also have limited reaction to other meds and then there are those who have been off a while in protracted withdrawal who seem to be the most sensitive to other meds. The further out you are -the more sensitive you become- sounds strange but I've noticed this. Although this experience isn't with everyone.

Also to consider is that this will be a yearly thing. I'm interested to see how long set backs last from this phase of the rollout before the next round of the vaccine i.e. year 2. I'm not presenting doom and gloom to this. Its important to have the vaccine but am also aware that the further off you are the more your cns can be sensitive. I've seen this over the years. The good thing is this is an ever changing situation where in the future there may be other things to protect yourself, the vaccine dose may end up to be only once and the infection rate will calm down which will make folks like everyone on here safer.

Reactions to all things as we all know is an individual thing and one persons experience can differ hugely to another even without withdrawal.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 05:55:54 pm »
I have definitely noticed this myself [...]. The longer Ive been off the more sensitive I have become. I had a flu vaccine whilst I was tapering and I had no reaction at all. I had another one when I had been off for about 4 months and the reaction only lasted a night. The wave from this Covid Vaccine is now on day 5 is still going but to a lesser extent.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 06:35:57 am »
I have definitely noticed this myself [...]. The longer Ive been off the more sensitive I have become. I had a flu vaccine whilst I was tapering and I had no reaction at all. I had another one when I had been off for about 4 months and the reaction only lasted a night. The wave from this Covid Vaccine is now on day 5 is still going but to a lesser extent.

[...],

How are you doing now after your Covid vaccine?

I hope you are doing better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 11:41:33 am »
Hi [...],

I think I am the otherside of it now. It took 2 weeks for the uptick in acute symptoms to settle down. I wasnt in acute the whole time but in and out. Im think Im back to my normal shitty baseline wave.

My 2nd dose isnt until the end of April so im trying not to stress out too much about it. Im really thankful it hasnt set me back massively like what the antibiotic did to me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 12:55:27 pm »
I hope your past it now [...] (not in the “put out to pasture” kinda way), I was thinking of you while iv had this “normal” flu.. Penicillin was okay (as usual) but did nothing, but the doxycycline has really rattled up my old and current symptoms.. -Its sure killing something..!! -just not sure who is gunna win, me or the bug.. :(

Anyways, keep getting better, and I hope the next round is only a blip..
Thanks for the info on your experience and the update/s..
:)
-Dont forget to get yourself something nice, a well earned treat..

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 07:21:14 pm »
Hi [...],

I think I am the otherside of it now. It took 2 weeks for the uptick in acute symptoms to settle down. I wasnt in acute the whole time but in and out. Im think Im back to my normal shitty baseline wave.

My 2nd dose isnt until the end of April so im trying not to stress out too much about it. Im really thankful it hasnt set me back massively like what the antibiotic did to me.

I don't know if you had the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, but I've heard some speculation that one dose may offer substantial enough protection that they were advocating ppl to forego the second shot in order to have more vaccine to cover more ppl at least one dose.  Then perhaps second dose could be given months later.  IDK, obviously no study data on that but thought I'd mention it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 08:33:09 pm »
Thank you somuch for sharing your experience with the variant of the vaccine for those who are sensitive. Yuor doing the community a wonderful service. I hope you are well soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 08:52:08 pm »
Hello. I had the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine and had no reaction at all. My arm was a bit sore but nothing much really. I am so glad since I'm sensitive. We'll see how the second shot goes. Last year I got a reaction from the flu shot after several days. I went into a wave with amped up symptoms. I would say to everyone to get the shot, it's worth the risk.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 07:33:56 am »
Sorry you have been feeling unwell [...]. And welldone for being brave enough to do the antibiotics.  Nothing worse than something bringing up old symptoms.....its gets very tiring. You will win this not the bug!!!! 

Thank you for the encouragement  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 07:40:54 am »
Deanna - I had the Astra Zenica. I heard that the Pfizer seems to give enough protection after one dose. I wish now i had that one but they dont give you a choice really. My second Oxford one is not until the end of April so i guess that gives me some respite.

[...] - Thank you so much

[...] - Im so happy you didnt have a reaction to it. You must have been really worried having it done. It was very brave of you. Its so hard taking that risk when you have a lot people (especially in this community) saying they wont be getting it fullstop.