Author Topic: Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)  (Read 14350 times)

[Buddie]

Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)
« on: February 11, 2021, 07:44:28 am »
I had the Oxford Astrazenica.

Im extremely sensitive to everything .... food, supplements, meds. (I also have bad histamine intolerance). One amoxicllin put me back in acute for 6 months so I was really reluctant to get the vaccine.

I dont have a spleen so I had to weigh it up and came to the conclusion that being hospitalised with Covid and given steroids and antobiotics would be a far worse situation for me.

0.5 hours after vaccine - slight nausea and anxiety (this could have just been from stress response of having vaccine)

2 hours after - intense headache

4 hours after - right foot went numb and started to feel achy and yuck

9 hours after - still felt the same but no massive uptick in symptoms

Overnight - Poor sleep, tossing and turning, slight internal vibration, want to crawl out my skin

Morning after - tired, fatigued, pain, sweaty and chills, slight akathesia but nothing major.

It hasnt been too bad so far. I had a much worse severe acute wave 3 nights ago. After some of the stuff ive been through this really hasnt been too bad, Im quite shocked. Hopefully it stays this way. Will keep updated.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Had the Covid Vaccine yesterday (For the sensitive ones)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 08:29:09 am »
Thanks [...],

I won't be offered it for a while but am keeping an eye on how people do with it
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 08:56:11 am »
I dont usually post much, Im more of a reader. I just know I was frantically trying to find people who had had it for reassurance so I thought I should let people know how I got on.

There has been more of a revving of symptoms this morning but it is still bearable

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 09:39:13 am »
Thank you so much [...] for posting your experience. Happy to hear you are doing ok. Please keep us updated :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 12:37:10 pm »
Well done [...].. I imagine it wasnt an easy undertaking given your situation.. Hope the effects are short lived..

While you have popped your head up, can I side track a sec and ask if you have ever noticed any direct effects on anything due to also having no spleen..?
Happy to PM if you prefer..
:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 02:20:06 pm »
Well done [...].. I imagine it wasnt an easy undertaking given your situation.. Hope the effects are short lived..

While you have popped your head up, can I side track a sec and ask if you have ever noticed any direct effects on anything due to also having no spleen..?

Hi [...],

The effects I notice is I tend to have a slightly lower immne system than the average person. I pick up everything, which is not ideal since withdrawal I have become extremely sensitised to my own immune response. If I get a nasty virus it can really send me in severe acute. In fact I know when I have picked up something because my withdrawal will tell me before the actual symptoms manifest. I guess also the anxiety if I ever did get an infection because I dont think natural methods will quite do the job. Im supposed to be on prophylactic penicillin but I [...] tolerate antibiotics in any shape or form. It is a worry. My withdrawal has been horrific but whether thats has anything to do with not having a spleen ....... who knows.

My blood work for last year has also been showing low neutrophils ......again a worry but its this sort of thing that convinced be the vaccine would be the better option.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 02:25:52 pm »
Thank you so much [...] for posting your experience. Happy to hear you are doing ok. Please keep us updated :)

Will do Blue, Its now been 24 hours since vaccine. Im feeling pretty gross but no more than an off day withdrawal. Some symptoms have been slightly revved but im not in my bed writhing and crying in agony (which happened alot when i ingest something that doesnt agree with my sensitive nervous system). Overall so far so good

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 05:10:25 pm »
I just want to thank you for being SO BRAVE and willing to share with others for our benefit in what must have been an agonizing decision for you.  That is very compassionate and we very much appreciate your generosity.

I wish you a very smooth experience going forward  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 08:57:01 pm »

Hi [...],

The effects I notice is I tend to have a slightly lower immne system than the average person. I pick up everything, which is not ideal since withdrawal I have become extremely sensitised to my own immune response. If I get a nasty virus it can really send me in severe acute. In fact I know when I have picked up something because my withdrawal will tell me before the actual symptoms manifest. I guess also the anxiety if I ever did get an infection because I dont think natural methods will quite do the job. Im supposed to be on prophylactic penicillin but I [...] tolerate antibiotics in any shape or form. It is a worry. My withdrawal has been horrific but whether thats has anything to do with not having a spleen ....... who knows.

My blood work for last year has also been showing low neutrophils ......again a worry but its this sort of thing that convinced be the vaccine would be the better option.
Thanks so much [...].. Iv just started to show signs of the horrid flu C18 brought home from work.. I dont get many communicable infections due to isolation, but im the same with what I do get sometimes, other times its fine.. But I notice it with injury or insect bites, they can get very nasty..
Your right, its so hard to define anything to specifically...
Thanks and best wishes..

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 09:38:38 pm »
thank you for sharing that! I hope all the side effects will vanish soon :smitten: