Milk Foam

[Ta...]

Hey, Buddies!

Hope you are all doing well!

Have a question that might be a bit odd (or perhaps not!)

I'm currently titrating clonazepam using milk titration; down to 30 mL and taking it slow. 

I've been dissolving three 0.5 mg pills in 150 mL milk (to get five even doses), and the first couple of times I did this, everything measured out fine.  The last couple of times, I've been short on my last dose from the batch.

I dissolve the pills (Teva) in milk in the fridge overnight.  Usually they are still somewhat intact by midday the next day, although tilting the jar shows that they are disintegrating.  What I usually do at this point is shake really well, and continue to shake periodically throughout the day to ensure that they break up and are distributed throughout the liquid when its time for a dose. 

I always give the liquid a pretty good shake before dosing.  Inevitably, there's foam from the milk.

What I'm wondering is if the foam that clings to the syringe when dosing reduces the remainder of the liquid by a significant amount.  Tonight's final dose from the current batch was 4 mL off.  I measure the initial 150 mL with a syringe and have marked the "line" on the jar with tape, so I'm pretty confident that the proper amount of liquid is going in for each new batch. 

It's kind of baffling to me, and all I can think of is that it has to do with the foam.

Four mL seems a pretty significant unintentional cut!

I'm planning on taking another 4 mL tomorrow during the day to maybe even it out, and then taking regular dose before going to bed, but wondering if I'm overdoing it on the shaking prior to dosing. 

I'd welcome any ideas on this.

Thanks so much.

Stay safe and healthy!

Tapering Off

In hope it might be helpful, here is a video of how one individual prepared his milk-based clonazepam liquid:

In a “lessons learned” followup video, the same individual indicated that disintegrating his tablet in a small amount of water before adding milk to the target volume was helpful:

Finally, according to The Withdrawal Project:

Some find that liquids such as full-fat milk may bubble more if shaken when cold, which can affect the accuracy of measurements, so when using a syringe they let the liquid warm up first before making a cut, or choose instead to stir vigorously rather than shake.

Citation:

Using Syringes | The Withdrawal Project

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/taper/using-syringes