Severe back and arm pain and curling of toes

[lo...]

I am 11 months off clonazepam. I am really suffering with back pain and right arm pain to the point that I cannot even hardly walk or use my right arm. Has anyone gone through this after being ct'd off for 11 months or longer?

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I'm here supporting my husband. He is about 8 months off Ativan. He didn't not have your exact symptoms, but whenever he gets pain it's always really bad. He is currently injured. pain started after a physical exercise 1,5 months ago and through time it moved to a different part of the body...He had many injuries before- never any of them had this character. So we think that his body is handling this injury differently because of benzo brain injury -Withdrawal. Central nervous system is definatly effected by benzo use and WD and it has a lot of say in how our body functions...

Maybe look into physical therapy exercises to support your muscles?

Please keep hope that you will feel better...

I'm sending you healing thoughts. You are not alone. You are loved and you deserve to be happy!

Curvature of the toes was one of the first serious symptoms I had in the summer of 2019. But I did not know what withdrawal was about and thought it was a cerebrovascular accident and continued to use poisonous medications. Could you describe in more detail how your symptoms are related to muscle tension, so that I can understand something?

Curvature of the toes was one of the first serious symptoms I had in the summer of 2019. But I did not know what withdrawal was about and thought it was a cerebrovascular accident and continued to use poisonous medications. Could you describe in more detail how your symptoms are related to muscle tension, so that I can understand something?

My back pain and right arm pain started a couple months ago.  It feels like a tearing, twisting 1000 pound brick is on my back and it's a severe, painful pulling.  It's really hard to describe.

My toes started curling with just my little toe on my right foot.  It would totally seperate from my other toes and then curl down.  Now, all my toes are separating, pulling apart and curling and it's beginning to cramp up my whole foot. 

I have similar symptoms of maximum intensity all over my body. Do you feel like your body is curling?

My back feels the same way as my arms and toes.  But the toes are the only thing that is curling right now.

My back pain and right arm pain started a couple months ago.  It feels like a tearing, twisting 1000 pound brick is on my back and it's a severe, painful pulling.  It's really hard to describe.

My toes started curling with just my little toe on my right foot.  It would totally seperate from my other toes and then curl down.  Now, all my toes are separating, pulling apart and curling and it's beginning to cramp up my whole foot.

Does it make it impossible to lie on your back because it pulls your sacrum up and back and forces while back to arch upwards?

• 3 weeks later...

Does it make it impossible to lie on your back because it pulls your sacrum up and back and forces while back to arch upwards?

I have to lie sideways with multiple pillows to support my back.  Very painful.

• 2 weeks later...

I had horrible horrible back pain when i was tapering. I had been on a high dose of topamax for 30 years and when i was fast tapered I got the worse pains in my knees and especially in my lower back. It was agonizing. The pain came and stayed for a couple months then it went away and then came back again. It was so bad that i couldnt even lay down in a bed.

Eventually it went away and it hasnt bothered me in a while. Occasionally i will get a little pain but nothing like i was having before.

Hope it gets better for you.