Severe depression

[3d...]

Hi,

I've been suffering bad with depression too and have found relief with fish oil. It's no miracle cure, but I do find it helps when things get bad. It doesn't seem to stop the depression when taking it daily, but for a 1 off hit it seems to work somehow.

Hope it helps you too. I've had success in the past with beta glucan, but again that might just be me. When all else fails I just have to curl up in a ball, breath and wait it out. It will pass like everything else.

Hope you feel better soon

• 1 month later...

Force myself to eat

Force myself to shower

Force myself to smile

I have to literally go into manual mode. Going to probably hit the treadmill today

Doesn’t help that’s it’s been rainy and cloudy all damn week

I’ve never experienced depression like this ...

up at 2:30-3am every night

It’s getting so old. The days just blend together and I feel like I’m wasting life

I understand the depression you speak of as I have been there many times over the first 1-13 months since my CT.  It is horrible and makes you want to just quit life.

I can tell you that it does pass and fades away about as quickly as it appears.  Only advice I can give is to just know that it will go away and you will one day wonder what the heck happened.  The doctors that prescribe this trash should be jailed.

Anyway, hang in there, be positive and don't ever give up or give in.  It will pass.

Hingie

Hi,

I've been suffering bad with depression too and have found relief with fish oil. It's no miracle cure, but I do find it helps when things get bad. It doesn't seem to stop the depression when taking it daily, but for a 1 off hit it seems to work somehow.

Hope it helps you too. I've had success in the past with beta glucan, but again that might just be me. When all else fails I just have to curl up in a ball, breath and wait it out. It will pass like everything else.

Hope you feel better soon

I’ve experienced the same thing with fish oil over the years.  When things are bad, it gives me a lift but on normal days it never did much and didn’t do anything when taken on a daily basis. 

Everyone is different - some cases are hard wired, other cases environmental, and then commonly in the case of Benzo withdrawals. Mine is some combination - worse since getting off Clonesepam. Not a day goes by I don't boubt I'll get through to the next. Benzos are soul crushing. I take antidepressants which turns my world from black to grey.