Extreme hunger

[15...]

[15...]

Morning buddies!

Over the past week I’ve run into something that I don’t remember happening before during acute..

I eat appropriate portions of food. And my water intake is great, but it seems like extreme hunger hits me really hard. If I don’t eat the second my body has a stomach cramp I feel like I’m going to vomit. After I eat I feel nauseous for a couple hours but it takes the cramping away. I have crohns but never ran into a problem like this. Blood work showed normal ranges for everything and no inflammation so they don’t suspect a crohns flare or infection. I wondered about sugar being too low but blood work shut that down for me. I don’t feel ill otherwise.

Is this something that has happened to anyone before without explanation? 

Never had this happen before so I suspected it’s maybe a wave or set back since doctors can’t find a reason for it.

How are your other symptoms? I started feeling this way when I started getting better. I didn’t eat much throughout the last few years and now I’m starving. You’re healing

Oh yes. I had horrendous hunger bouts. It was so bad that at some point I ate 6 meals a day (no exaggeration) and had to wake up in the middle of the night to eat one full meal. I've lost a lot of weight during Remeron CT, though, so I wasn't sure if it was benzo or Remeron related. Because Remeron messes with the receptors that are responsible for making your body feel full.

[15...]

How are your other symptoms? I started feeling this way when I started getting better. I didn’t eat much throughout the last few years and now I’m starving. You’re healing

My other symptoms only come in waves. I have more windows than waves now. So it might be a sign of healing. 🙌🏻🙌🏻

[15...]

Oh yes. I had horrendous hunger bouts. It was so bad that at some point I ate 6 meals a day (no exaggeration) and had to wake up in the middle of the night to eat one full meal. I've lost a lot of weight during Remeron CT, though, so I wasn't sure if it was benzo or Remeron related. Because Remeron messes with the receptors that are responsible for making your body feel full.

I haven’t woke up hungry yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens. Lol I usually feel full after a smaller meal so when this started happening I was thrown off Bc usually it’s me forcing myself to eat small meals multiple times a day to make sure I eat enough. Healing and recovery does some crazy things.

Ideal life, so crazy, eating meals in the night, I totally relate!

During acute....I had to eat every 2 hours...all day and night, because I was awake all night. It was CRAZY!

If I didn't eat, it made the nausea and vomiting worse, so I had to keep a huge cooler of food next to my bed at night so I would eat all night tryin not to wake my hubby.

I lost around 12 lbs during all that...even while I was eating constantly! Probably would have been worse had I not kept eating.

It eventually calms down, I promise. I am back to eating and working out like normal and my weight is my original weight :)

I have no internal feeling on body so no stomach feeling of hunger or satiety but have constant hunger in my head. Constant compulsion to eat every waking moment like my brain thinks my body is on famine and is panicking.

I have gained 50lbs in about 6 months becauseI can’t stop eating carbs, sugar etc.

It makes me feel suicidal it is so bad.

If I try not to my brain starts to think non edible objects are edible and my hands try to stiff shampoo etc in my mouth.

I can’t describe how bad it is.

3 years of it but much worse last 2 months since got off completely.

i used to have extreme hunger and was eating every 2 or 3 hours otherwise i started to have panic attacks and shvering in whole body. As soon as i eat something everything get to normal.  my brain was also constantly thinking about it and i was not able to get ride of this thought. i was having fear of become unconscious if i will not eat every 2 to 3 hours. i used to have a alot of dry fruits and cookies along with me and eat whole night. also used to check my sugar level 4 to 5 times a day. strange thing i took xanax .25 mg for 5 weeks only and still feeling withdrawal after 9 monthes.

• 4 weeks later...
[fd...]
I've been eating like a pig lately the last week or so. A couple months ago I had to force feed myself gas station protein bars and naked fruit smoothies in between the pacing and chain smoking and pulling my hair out. Wasn't eating a damn thing hardly. I guess it's healing...?

[15...]

My sugar levels are bit low.

Did your constant eating ease?

It is driving me insane.

My eating has eased. Still some slight troubles with it but it has calmed down a lot. My sugar levels are perfect so I’m not sure why it happened to me.

I agree with 68lespaul with it being apart of healing. Not sure why it happens but I’ve read from a few others they experienced the same thing!!