Should I cross over from Klonopin to Valium or should I just stay on Klonopin?

[ti...]

I'm currently at .375mg Klonopin. Does it make sense to cross over from Klonopin this late in the game / considering I'm at a relatively low dose of Klonopin? I read the Ashton manual which told me it would take a month for me to cross to Valium. And considering how hellish it is for me to be on a benzo I'd rather not add an extra month if there's no reason to. The only upside I can see of going to Valium is that Valium comes in different strengths that would make it easier to gradually taper. (Right now I'm having to split a half of a .25mg into four pieces which results in my taking slightly different doses every day because I'm basically just eyeballing the amount... and I'll have to keep doing this if I choose to stay on Klonopin). I'm currently cutting about 10% of my previous dose every 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for the help!

If you're doing relatively well tapering Klonopin I'd advise you to continue, crossing over to Valium comes with its own set of challenges, its known to cause uncomfortable sedation as well as depression.  Many users can get past this initial discomfort but some can't and return to their original benzo.  It offers a smoother taper because of it's long half life but it still painful for most.

We can help you with different methods to reduce your Klonopin dose if you're interested.