I'm in the process of suing my old psychiatrist for 40 million dollars

[Ju...]

So I decided I'm not going to sit back and let doctors get away with what they do and I would rather get rich by getting the money I deserve. So I'm going to sue my old psychiatrist for 40 million dollars by getting a judgment against them in court.

It's really not difficult, you just come up with a number for all of your time lost and income lost and all of the suffering and pain that you deserve compensation for oh, and you provide the proof and you ask for a jury instead of a judge. You go to the court and you file the paperwork with or without an attorney.

I called an attorney in the mountains where I used to live and I said I want their assistants to guide me through the legal lingo but I'm going to do it with or without them and they sound interested. I said I'm going to sue for exactly 40 million dollars because I was on them for 20 years and I will need money for the rest of my life going forward as well so I'm asking for 20 million in the past and 20 million going forward.

I already have a great story for the jury and everybody will be on my side because nobody trusts the government or Psychiatry anymore. There's nothing that Psychiatry can do about it and they're going to get sued and I'm going to win whether they like it or not.

[7f...]

Please keep us posted........!

I'm going to do the same, if possible.

My concern is statute of limitations, do you that time frame?

I had to taper on my own with pills I had saved up because she gave me way too much so I technically haven't seen a dr since 2018. Not sure if they will buy I did on my own taper and stocked pills, this whole thing is a mess.

Very curious though how this goes.......

Yeah I actually talked to the courthouse and they said anything over $15,000 goes to Superior Court, and all I have to do is go down there and pay them $200 to file the complaint and the dollar amount is my choice to sue for. It's only $30 to have the doctor subpoenaed to court and served for the Judgment that I'm trying to get.

The way I see it, I'm still suffering because of them so I'm not outside of the statue of limitations and it's been going on for 20 years, it's not a one-time thing. So I'm going to sue them for everything and everything going forward as well. The most that can go wrong is lose 230 bucks if I don't win the Judgment, but I'm sure the jury will award me something and it will be enough to cover that.

Even if the lawyer backs out, I will just do it on my own like everything else. Everybody is scared of the system but I'm not. It's actually a tool, that's all it is. It's just there for certain reasons and you should learn how to use it to your advantage instead of being afraid of it.

Good luck with this. Everyone should do the same and maybe someone might actually take notice of the suffering that's being inflicted on people by so called professionals

Absolutely, I realized that filing complaints and talking to Patient Advocates and talking about how you weren't treated correctly doesn't get anywhere. The only thing that matters these days and talks for itself is money. Luckily with media and everybody being abused by the system non-stop, we have plenty of people that would serve on a jury and award us the Judgment that we deserve.

So before I go for Genentech and try to get the big money at court, I'm speaking to the general counsel. Before you ever take anything to court, you always want to see if the general counsel AKA attorney for the company wants to work something out with you to avoid media coverage and many more people suing for the same dollar amount or more.

I had an incident because of a psychiatrist and the benzo about a year-and-a-half ago and I told them I was going to file the $200 complaint at Superior Court and represent myself but I would like to work out a settlement first. They said they would have to look at the records from the psychiatrist and review things over the next couple weeks first.

They asked me what the dollar amount I am seeking was and I said I'm not going to name a number just yet. I said I will let you guys give me the offer and either I will turn it down or accept it. She has already started the paperwork to submit to the company and insurance.

So this is my practice and tests on the hospital, and next I will go for Genentech. This is not as complicated as I thought it was going to be. It's a matter of calling people and acting professional and threatening them at the same time but only with monetary fines.

So wish me luck and I will let you guys know if I get a settlement offer from the hospital. If that goes smooth, I will be talking to the general counsel at Genentech next. And if that goes smooth, I will give you guys the details of who to speak with at Genentech in San Francisco.

Wow, you are an inspiration!

I don't have the guts to do it. I think I'll crumble under pressure, especially given my fragile physical state.

JIT, If we all had the nerve you do to speak up something would certainly change.  Big Pharma would hear loud and clear how they've injured so many of us.  It's actually criminal. 

I'm pretty sure that they have been sued multiple times before and people just don't talk about it because of out-of-court settlements and signing a paper that says people won't talk about it. Imagine if people talked about it and it got out that people were suing Genentech and Roche, they would owe everybody a class action settlement and that would get really expensive for those companies.

But I can assure you that if you took it to court, most judges and juries would award those who got injured by it. Maybe maybe not but it definitely doesn't hurt to try. Worst case scenario you just lose a couple hundred dollars from filing the paperwork.

• 3 weeks later...
What did benzos do to you and what is your proof to the court? Personally I've had a few separate 'injuries' let's say, as well as mental issues, so I fear that it will be hard to draw direct causation beyond reasonable doubt.

In my country this is not possible, not at all. I have said this a 1000 times, if I was in the US I would sue them. And I would win.

Keep us updated!

Stubby, I'm not allowed to talk about it on benzo buddies because of the rules and policies. And it's not about direct causation, it's about meeting the criteria of the Court.

Marigold, I will definitely keep everybody posted. Right now it's in the process of a settlement and I have to go through that first. And then if the settlement doesn't turn out in my favor, then it goes to the court next. You have to do everything in the correct order otherwise the judge will throw it out.

Has anyone ever done this and won? I have never heard of any notable cases? I think the chances are very slim for a successful outcome but good luck and keep us updated.

Has anyone ever done this and won? I have never heard of any notable cases? I think the chances are very slim for a successful outcome but good luck and keep us updated.

Its almost impossible to sue a psychiatrist and win, they just lie and claim the patient is psychotic to defend their crimes. I have never heard of any successful cases. They should be in jail. Psychiatrists are dirty, unethical underhanded dishonest people.

So I decided I'm not going to sit back and let doctors get away with what they do and I would rather get rich by getting the money I deserve. So I'm going to sue my old psychiatrist for 40 million dollars by getting a judgment against them in court.

It's really not difficult, you just come up with a number for all of your time lost and income lost and all of the suffering and pain that you deserve compensation for oh, and you provide the proof and you ask for a jury instead of a judge. You go to the court and you file the paperwork with or without an attorney.

I called an attorney in the mountains where I used to live and I said I want their assistants to guide me through the legal lingo but I'm going to do it with or without them and they sound interested. I said I'm going to sue for exactly 40 million dollars because I was on them for 20 years and I will need money for the rest of my life going forward as well so I'm asking for 20 million in the past and 20 million going forward.

I already have a great story for the jury and everybody will be on my side because nobody trusts the government or Psychiatry anymore. There's nothing that Psychiatry can do about it and they're going to get sued and I'm going to win whether they like it or not.

You're not going to get 40 million dollars from a lawsuit against a psychiatrist. The chances of winning are very very slim, almost impossible. They use diagnosis as weapons to stigmatize and discredit. I wish you luck, i hope you win but unfortunately you won't.

Part of the problem is that people are afraid to do it because of failure. I'm not afraid of failure. Only a jury can decide whether or not I win a settlement. It's not up to the judge or the doctor. So I guess it really depends on where you live because of the types of people at your jury.

I went to a shrink in the 80's and he put me on Norpramin which helped me very much for my panic attacks and counseled me for about 3 years.  This pdoc was great.  He got my head sorted out and helped me to not feel guilty about the abuse from my mother and other people.  This pdoc helped me spot abusive people too.  This doc was like the good father that I never had.  I loved him and he helped me very much.  I had absolutely no problems getting off the Norpramin either. 

Part of the problem is that people are afraid to do it because of failure. I'm not afraid of failure. Only a jury can decide whether or not I win a settlement. It's not up to the judge or the doctor. So I guess it really depends on where you live because of the types of people at your jury.

You need to have strong evidence to prove what you say is truth. You need to demonstrate everything you claim. I admire your strength to go after these people and i tried to sue as well believe me its almost impossible. They are protected by the government, they will bring their lies right into court. This is how dirty they are.

Out of pocket expenses for expert witnesses can be costly even if you did it on a contingency fee. I have not heard of a successful case.

My situation is different because I have physical proof. It's not just subjective mental stuff, it's more than that. I just can't talk about it on benzo Buddies because of the rules.

And it only cost $96 to file a civil judgement, unless you want to go to District which is another $100. And Superior Court is a little over $200. The amount that you're suing for determines which court that goes to.

Whenever I go to court, I'm going to Superior because that's the category it falls in. And it will be up to the jury to decide if these people injured me, it won't be up to the judge.

I hope you win, do your best.  Present the facts. I wish you luck and i hope you get the money you deserve.

Edit: Removed disallowed content