Ashton crossover schedule

[Lu...]

I’ve decided, and my doc approves, crossing over from 1.5mg lorazepam (I take it .375mg 4 times a day) to clonazepam.  What would be the Ashton crossover schedule for this?  My doc said he was just going to cross me over straight out - with no gradual crossover.  Plus he said he was going to cross me over 1mg clonazepam for 1mg lorazepam

I will not be doubling my dose- I’m not agreeing to that.  My doc said I could lower the clonazepam dose if I want and I am to .5 mg clonazepam = 1mg lorazepam.  That is the correct conversion, right?

how does the ashton method crossover work when I want to go from 4 doses of Ativan to 3 doses of clonazepam.  Can someone please help me see what this would look like?  In the Ashton manual, all of the examples are from the same number of doses - from 3 to 3 for example

[92...]

To be honest, if I were to do a 4-dose/day 1.5 mg TDD Ativan to a 3-dose/day 0.75 TDD klonopin switch, I'd simply stop Ativan one night and start klonopin the next morning.  Instead of spacing out 4 Ativan doses throughout the day, I'd space out 3 klonopin doses.  And to deal with the 'coverage lapse' going from a shorter benzo to a longer benzo, I would increase the first klonopin dose on the first day of the switch to ~0.36 mg.  All subsequent doses of klonopin would be 0.25 mg until tapering begins.

• 4 weeks later...
In my limited experience and research K is one of the hardest to taper off of. According to what I read in the book benzo free K also has a higher rate of protracted withdrawal’s. I guess what I’m saying is do your own research before switching over to Klonopin. It might be the right choice for you but it also might not.

My doc is now suggesting I crossover to clonazepam.  Is clonazepam the toughest benzo to taper?  My doc has no crossover schedule.? Just gonna go from Ativan 4 times a day to switch over the clonazepam 2 times a day.  I’m a little concerned.  I may crossover to clonazepam 3 times a day if you think that will make it easier.  I was thinking about using Bandicrefs suggestion and do it all in one day.  What do you guys think?

He is saying .5mg twice a day.  So equivalency wise an updose.  I was going to only take the equivalent dose or .75mg.  I do have like 40 Ativan pills left

I think so.  My doc wants to try to help the sleep issue first.  I’m only getting like 2 -3 hours of sleep each night for the past 3 months.  I’m worn out mentally and physically

• 2 weeks later...
[92...]

Badsocref, are you saying I should skip the evening dose (bedtime dose) then dose the clonazepam in the morning?

I'm not sure which post you're referring to.  It's been too long.  Can you please point me to whatever post you're referring back to?

It the post where you gave a recommendation on dosing when switching from Ativan to clonazepam...where increasing first dose a little then go onto regular dosing schedule

[92...]

Are you referring to the post made 05Feb?

If so, then I would take the nighttime dose of Ativan as usual, do the spike dose of klonopin the following morning, then do the regular klonopin doses from there on out.