Can't keep going on only 3 hours sleep!

[le...]

Had severe mental symptoms in withdrawal but about last 5 weeks  sleep suddenly got dramatically worse. Anyone else developed insomnia after long time off meds. Only getting about 3 hours sleep a night, can't go on like this and racking up all the other symptoms. Can't get unisom over here, anyone tried anything else that helps feeling really miserable.

Yes. I had poor sleep at 18 months off--almost a month of poor sleep with 4 zero nights and a bunch of 1-3 hour nights and then again at 32 months off and now again at 53 months off.  I slept very well for over 2 years and now have had a few nights of no perceived sleep and a bunch of 2, 3 and 4 hour nights over the past month.  No reason for it.  I no longer believe it is Benzo related this far out (4.5 years off).  However, I was reminded that insomnia out of the blue was the reason for me going on Benzos 5 years ago.

I will say this insomnia is much better than benzo-induced insomnia.  At least I get good nights of 6-8 hours mixed in.  Hoping this resolves soon.

Yes insomnia why I started on zopiclone about 14 years ago. Very tempted take one last night but didn't . Think might be connected to continually having lockdowns here, as lot people here now  got problems sleeping after months not being able go anywhere, see anyone  for do anything. Pattern is different used have problems getting sleep years ago, now I wake up about 3 am and can't get back to sleep. Trouble is racks up mental symptoms😟

Leann,

Hey there! I think I would agree that maybe your not sleeping has to do with lockdown, and plus the amount of stress that it causes in general. I know how much you long to do things and try and distract. I am so sorry you are in an area that is so strict :(

Anyway you can travel somewhere?

I'm in the US and there are loads of people who travel down south or to Florida just so they can go the beach and go out to dinner like normal people. Crazy, I know, but it's true. I've had people come visit me just so they can go to the gym and go to dinner!

And TheWay2......

Daaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnngggggg! So sorry to hear of recent insomnia! I just had 2 nights where I only got a few hours because of a cold and stopped up nose keeping me awake.....but man did it remind of those looooooonnngggg nights. Ugh.

Hope it goes back to normal for you  soon!

Yes I think it has now into nearly 3 months of it, can't travel more than 5 miles, only meant to see 1 person in a park, nothing open,  but been really wet here so not practical. I did cave in and took 1/4 of a zopiclone plus an anti histamine last night. Not meant to I know but was desperate for a few hours sleep. Slept about 5 hours solid, just a one off, sometime just need break the pattern of insomnia I think.