Author Topic: Jealous of people on antidepressants  (Read 1633 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Jealous of people on antidepressants
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 05:51:51 am »
"Sexual arousal issues" is no small problem. It's normalised as being a common side effect of SSRIs but it's really quite a devastating consequence. How can anybody be comfortable when their body doesn't work how it should? I'm sorry you're suffering right now but I truly hope and believe that in time you will be glad about your decision not to tolerate this. You will be better off in the long run without it.

To OP, those endorsements of SSRIs are made by people who haven't yet completed their journey with the drug. You see them because these messages get amplified because they are effective advertising for pharmaceutical companies. They don't speak to the reality of the situation. There was a time when I was similarly ecstatic about diazepam (because it relieved the pain of SSRI withdrawal and made me feel better than normal) but that's obviously not the message I promote now. I am not jealous of these people and you shouldn't be either. Many of these people are in for a rude awakening. I feel sorry for them because they have no idea.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 03:21:10 pm »
Lots of good advice here by previous posters. The medication fantasy is what got most of us in this mess, and unless we realize it's a fantasy there is a risk to go pill "shopping" before even finishing with our current benzo nightmare. SSRIs are definitely one of risky ones; I think the reason for this is exactly as [...] said, people praise them for the short-term effects. These same folks are not likely aware of the significant damage to their natural serotonin cycle, and the arduous journey ahead if they'd like to divest from the medication (and increasing side-effects).

Regarding the OP, I read recently that HIGH serotonin levels can also cause depression. This can be the case in situations where the individual is overmethylating, due to gene mutations, life/environmental stresses and trauma. Folks who are overmethylating tend to respond very poorly to SSRIs, so I read, because they're already overloaded with serotonin and depressed, I think, for lack of dopamine to balance them out (among other things).
https://www.tohealthwiththat.com/overmethylation-an-mthfr-basic-state/

Your body knows what's up; if you can't do SSRIs, don't. Many good reasons to stay away from that stuff anyways. You're only missing out on another drug dependence.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 10:10:49 pm »
Iím jealous too. Iíve had three rough cold turkey withdrawals, my most recent one Iím facing rn and Iím kindling pretty bad, the last one, back in 2019, was masked beautifully by Prozac, I had two weeks of discomfort, but the thoughts never strayed to far into the darkness, unlike a previous cold turkey I did.

Wish I hadnít have come off the ADs back in 2020 (cold turkey!), maybe Iíd be able to ride this one out a little easier, no way I could start up again now.

Sexual arousal was really bad and it generally didnít improve my mood a whole lot if at all, coming off them made me dangerously depressed, would not recommend, but I do wish I was on them prior to my most recent (and last) withdrawal.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:31:28 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2021, 11:21:57 pm »
Everyone is different  and responds differently.  U have been on 75mg of effexor xr with zero negative impact.  Benzo ct was the worst thing ever but I do plan to taper effexor after my full recovery from xanax. Just not doing it now when I have no issues from it.

One thing I do know is if I can survive a 2mg xanax for two years ct, I can survive anything

Hope you all find healing.

[...]