[Sh...]

How long were you on Zopiclone in total? I find it hard when I read about people who came off them or indeed any Benzo and did not have many issues with sleep. Having just been on Zop for 7 weeks, I didn’t expect the utter hideousness of what I’ve experienced, it’s still bad but I went through three blocks of 4 days with no perceived sleep whatsoever. Then it started going to one night on one night off, the sleep I get even now is not deep or restorative but I’m just starting to get two nights in a row but still lots of zero nights. I was told by every Dr that withdrawal insomnia would only last 3-4 days max. Are you still tapering V? You could have tolerance withdrawal from that too?

Doctors and those suffering wish WD insomnia was only 3-4 days max.  The late Heather Ashton (Ashton Manual) says that insomnia resolves for most in 6 - 12 months.  That doesn't mean you'll have those blocks of 4 days in a row of no perceived sleep.  It means that it generally takes that long to even out regardless of how long you were on Benzos or Z-drugs.  Some people take less time some longer.  The fact that you are starting to get 2 nights in a row with sleep is a great sign!