Latest on Jordan Peterson - sad

[Sh...]

So is the “mystery med” we all wondered about an opiate, -mentioned here as “a new med”..??

-Think its the first time Iv seen that mentioned, unless it got mixed up with ketamine by the author..

Thanks Shay..

:)

[36...]

So is the “mystery med” we all wondered about an opiate, -mentioned here as “a new med”..??

-Think its the first time Iv seen that mentioned, unless it got mixed up with ketamine by the author..

Thanks Shay..

:)

My guess would be methadone. "Antidepressant" they mention is probably quetiapine, and "sedative" is probably some anticonvulsant, perhaps gabapentin.

As I read this I reminded myself this was journalism. After all that we have been through here and generally in the world, I know I’m not hearing the whole story. I’m praying for Jordan.

Again they use the term addicted which I’m sure he was not. That’s what makes me sad. And if u click on the link for the Sunday times article, which u have to subscribe to read, but u can get the general gist of the tone the journalist is using there.... making him sound unstable. Just so heartbreaking to see someone portrayed like this that was more likely dependent than addicted. He’s bravely trying to speak out, but it’s being downplayed yet again as someone mentally unstable or addicted to drugs.

[36...]
Again they use the term addicted which I’m sure he was not. That’s what makes me sad. And if u click on the link for the Sunday times article, which u have to subscribe to read, but u can get the general gist of the tone the journalist is using there.... making him sound unstable. Just so heartbreaking to see someone portrayed like this that was more likely dependent than addicted. He’s bravely trying to speak out, but it’s being downplayed yet again as someone mentally unstable or addicted to drugs.
He has an autoimmune disease, and had a really bad reaction to something he ate -- he didn't sleep for something like 15 (25?) days. If anyone needed a benzo, it was him. I don't see why people say "What kind of a psychologist is he when he needs drugs?" as if there are no physiological reasons for using drugs. The problem came when he tried to cold-turkey, and reinstatement went paradoxical. And "addicted" is really bad lingo, it sounds as if he was using three box of pills a day. Drugs cause physical dependence, even non-psychoactive drugs, like PPIs, beta-blockers, certain antihistamines, etc.

He has an autoimmune disease, and had a really bad reaction to something he ate -- he didn't sleep for something like 15 (25?) days. If anyone needed a benzo, it was him. I don't see why people say "What kind of a psychologist is he when he needs drugs?" as if there are no physiological reasons for using drugs. The problem came when he tried to cold-turkey, and reinstatement went paradoxical. And "addicted" is really bad lingo, it sounds as if he was using three box of pills a day. Drugs cause physical dependence, even non-psychoactive drugs, like PPIs, beta-blockers, certain antihistamines, etc.

I know pace, it’s awful how because he is a psychologist there is next to no empathy for him in the media. I have a friend who is a psychologist who had a breakdown and ended up in a private mental health hospital and had 12 sessions of ect. She is now slowly trying to wd from the heavy doses of antidepressants years after the breakdown working back in mental health trying to help others. It doesn’t make them immune to difficult times or negligent for using these meds. It means they’re human and deserve empathy just like everyone else. I think he is brave to telling his story. It’s just horrific what he has been thru and I truly hope he makes a full recovery. It’s sounds like he still has some problems. Poor man

I haven't listened to it all yet but apparently, he was misquoted a lot and the writing was a BS piece.  Here's the unedited recording of the interview for any that are interested.

Thanks mom for posting this I look forward to hearing what he has to say. I really wish there was some sort of petition or method we could all tell our story and validate what he has been thru so he doesn’t have to suffer any further with the bullying and the tearing down of him as a person and a mental health professional by the media. Not that they would run something like this because they love sensationalism and vilification to sell papers. It makes me furious.

'I thought that the continual pushing on the radical leftist front would wake up the sleeping right. I saw it coming five years ago. And you can put it at Trump's feet, but it's not helpful. I mean, obviously he was the immediate catalyst for the horrible events that enveloped Washington — and perhaps it'll all die down when Trump disappears. But I doubt it.' Should Trump be impeached? 'I think he should be ignored.' 

I find Jordan Peterson's contradictory diatribes and ramblings unhelpful however, I do believe he has the right to peacefully express his opinions. Should Jordan Peterson's opinions be cultivated? I think he should be ignored.

Heres the full unedited audio which he just released today. The times piece was a bit of a hit job, especially on Mikheala which is to be excepted. Im listening to the audio now. His emotional state seems very fragile still

Please dont take away too much about his medical treatment from this times reporting. Its very sketchy reporting and its gone through "chinese whispers" of first mikheala and then the jordan and then the reporter, none of whom (except jordan) have any qualificiations that would make them fluent in this medical language. Although Mikheala is pretty fluent as an autodidact, its just hard to trust her accounts because i have seen her make mistakes in pronunciation etc that comes from being self taught and not working in the profession.

Heres the full unedited audio which he just released today. The times piece was a bit of a hit job, especially on Mikheala which is to be excepted. Im listening to the audio now. His emotional state seems very fragile still

Please dont take away too much about his medical treatment from this times reporting. Its very sketchy reporting and its gone through "chinese whispers" of first mikheala and then the jordan and then the reporter, none of whom (except jordan) have any qualificiations that would make them fluent in this medical language. Although Mikheala is pretty fluent as an autodidact, its just hard to trust her accounts because i have seen her make mistakes in pronunciation etc that comes from being self taught and not working in the profession.

No indication of Xenon at all.

No indication of Xenon at all.

And?

[36...]
I know pace, it’s awful how because he is a psychologist there is next to no empathy for him in the media. I have a friend who is a psychologist who had a breakdown and ended up in a private mental health hospital and had 12 sessions of ect. She is now slowly trying to wd from the heavy doses of antidepressants years after the breakdown working back in mental health trying to help others. It doesn’t make them immune to difficult times or negligent for using these meds. It means they’re human and deserve empathy just like everyone else. I think he is brave to telling his story. It’s just horrific what he has been thru and I truly hope he makes a full recovery. It’s sounds like he still has some problems. Poor man
You're right, of course. The fact that someone is a psychologist doesn't mean he himself doesn't need a psychologist. We are myopic and subjective and cannot self-diagnoze our problems. It's unfortunate your friend ended up on ECT and drugs. This is why I wish that psychiatrist had referred me to a psychologist instead of prescribing drugs to me. Drugs merely covered up the problems, and what I needed was a lifestyle change and a change in a point of view. I was trapped in a vicious circle of negative thinking. I needed someone to unlatch me.

[2f...]

Bingo!!!

Just because someone is in the mental health industry doesn't make them immune to the horrors they have to help others with.

There's a guy on youtube called Daniel Mackler. He used to be a therapist, and he explains the pressures he was under. He would start crying with patients, after hearing the horrible stories. He would be constantly harassed by insurance companies to medicate his patients.

As for Peterson, I don't think he received any magical substances. He, like most of us (and my heart really goes out to all the long term users) went thru the living hell, suffering every bit of it, just like us.

Even in his latest vids, you can tell he's suffering. The poor guy probably gets zero sleep for days, just like us, even a year after.

'Well, I went to the best treatment clinic in North America. And all they did was make it worse"

Pretty much sums up my experience of the medical profession right there.

And I have to say when the journalist says “why would you listen to the advice of your family over a medical professional” are u joking?!?  Who wouldn’t if they saw a loved one getting worse. Just like my family when I was very very sick getting polydrugged by drs

• 11 months later...
For anyone interested, Jordan Peterson appeared on Joe Rogan earlier this week and he seems to be doing a lot better now. I don't care much for Peterson or Rogan one way or the other, but I have been checking periodically to see where he was at in his journey. Glad he's made good progress.

I'm still astonished that someone who is educated, with $$ resources, with personal supports and access to the internet, etc -- never figured out that it was a benzo causing so much of his misery. I don't get it.  His experience isn't from 1980.  It's relatively recent.

I also object to "hooked" on benzodiazepines instead of dependent, etc.

What kind of doc diagnoses schizophrenia in a man Peterson's age without a history of it.  He got shockingly bad care it seems.

Cityzen - I have been tracking his progress, too, and I'm glad he finally seems to be doing somewhat better. He must be doing ok if he's about to go on tour for his book. I appreciated the podcast interviews that he did with his daughter, but i do hope one day he'll consider talking or writing at greater length about this experience. The few times I've heard him talk about it, it was very moving and very real. I felt Rogan kept interrupting him, which I found a bit frustrating, but he did look better than a year ago. I'm not exactly a Petersen follower, but I find myself relating to what he's gone through and invested in his healing.

Same here. I don't necessarily dislike him like many do, I'm fairly neutral. But very interested and invested in his healing. He got it BAD, it seems.

He seems to have done his best to be stoic about it and not share. Which is a shame, because we could really use a voice making this stuff known. So it is encouraging to see him fully functional again, and sharp mentally.

I will say, I don't understand AT ALL his choice to go in the coma. I mean, I do to the extent that we have all kind of wished we could just go into a coma and wake up when this thing is over. But didn't he only do it for 9 days? As we all know, 9 days is nothing in withdrawal. We measure our healing in months, not days.

My understanding is that he was parodoxical and could not stay on K (to taper) because he had such severe akathisia. They did take him to a rapid detox place in North America, but he only got worse. If you have severe, nonstop akathisia, being sold the idea of a medically induced coma to detox you probably sounds pretty good. I just wonder truly how he did the flight to Russia with such severe akathisia. I shudder to think of it.

My understanding is that he was parodoxical and could not stay on K (to taper) because he had such severe akathisia. They did take him to a rapid detox place in North America, but he only got worse. If you have severe, nonstop akathisia, being sold the idea of a medically induced coma to detox you probably sounds pretty good. I just wonder truly how he did the flight to Russia with such severe akathisia. I shudder to think of it.

I'm pretty sure he medicated himself somewhat to be able to make the trip, but idk. I also don't know what he's taking now, some say suboxone/mitra combo, but that doesn't quite add up either.