Slowing down advice?

[Wo...]

Hi

I've been reducing from 3mg of lorazepam since last May using the 300ml water taper method and taking out 1ml per day. I'm down to 1.2mg. I've held occasionally but it's been a pretty smooth (ish) ride. Until now. I cant stop crying, I am so dizzy, I'm not sleeping and when I do I wake up in a nightmare/panic, I can't eat, I have vibrations in my foot. Its wave I know.

I'm really rubbish at the maths stuff but I believe taking 1ml out the lower down you go the higher the percentage of the reduction is that correct?

Did anyone reduce the reduction of their water taper i.e from 1ml to 0.5ml perhaps? Its seems drastic to add another 100days onto the taper but I'd rather be functioning.

Thanks to anyone who responds :)

You've correctly surmised that your reductions are greater the lower in dose you go, you'll need to allow for that and reduce your percentage, I've read where others will hold longer as well.

It sounds like you're paying the price and even though it will add more time to your taper, it looks like you've already decided its worth it to remain functional. 

Thanks for your reply.

Is it normal to slow down or do people just keep going? My partner isn't very happy that I will potentially add another 100 days onto the taper. He just wants me to be stronger and keep on reducing 1ml

I've watched many members need to slow down at the end of their taper, this is quite common. 

As for your partner, is the problem the lab in your house and the issue with being chained to the process?  Or is it how you feel and what you're able or not able to participate in?  If it's the latter then its important for your partner to realize that if you keep going at this rate you'll likely face harsher symptoms which may incapacitate you.  If you slow it down, you can remain functional and live your life as you do this.

There is much healing to be done once off the drug, going faster only makes it hurt more on the way down, it doesn't hasten recovery.