Allergic to everything group

[te...]

Wondering if anyone’s has had a problem with this .

Off benzo for 6 months and a lot of things affect me more than ever befor ... perfume... cleaning products ... recently a scary situation ... had a cat scan with dye and had a reaction immediately, hives swollen eyes ... have had ct scan with dye prior with no reaction .

Best lisa

I have sensitivities to food and smells. I told my husband to throw his cologn away and my kids know not to use smelly lotions. I wont touch cleaning supplies because I'm scared to but still use shampoo, toothpaste, etc.  I am currently tapering.  There is some talk about Benzo creating Mass Cell, which mean you have an overload of hystamine in your body.  Go to youtube and watch Benzo House.  She also has issues with products and does a nice job of explaining hystamine.  How are you doing otherwise.  I'm sorry about your recent experience. 

ALso,  I believe histamine issues have been a part of my WD so I follow a strict low histamine diet.  Very boring but has helped.  TG

Hey Lisa,

I have sensitivities to meds, smells, and chemicals that I never had before. I manage with avoidance, when possible, and homeopathic antihistamines. I will also take Benadryl if it gets to be more than the natural things can treat. I’m so sorry you’re struggling...I’ve seen many say the sensitivities ease up over time. I’m certainly hoping so for both of our sake.

Take care,

Beauty

Wondering if anyone’s has had a problem with this .

Off benzo for 6 months and a lot of things affect me more than ever befor ... perfume... cleaning products ... recently a scary situation ... had a cat scan with dye and had a reaction immediately, hives swollen eyes ... have had ct scan with dye prior with no reaction .

Best lisa

Yep! I had food sensitivities & chemical sensitivities before Benzo’s. In w/d the reactions are way way worse.  I’m so sorry you are suffering.  Hold on - it will get better.

I have this too. I effects my mouth, sinuses, skin. I wonder if it gets better when you are completely off. The burning. Then my teeth ferl pressure. Ugh

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Literally everything.

I have sudden severe muscle weakness amd Neuro symptoms as soon as eat or use anything g on body even non fragranced soap on hands.

Yes. Literally everything.

I have sudden severe muscle weakness amd Neuro symptoms as soon as eat or use anything g on body even non fragranced soap on hands.

Have you had your gut checked? SIBO? leaky gut? Benzodiazepines wreck havoc on the digestive system.

Am waiting for sibo test but not sure how that would affect using soap on hands or tiny bit of olive oil on sore lips making all muscles lose tone to point can’t hold myself upright at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I will check back to see how your doing ...

Going for a endoscopy myself and don’t like it.

But have to do it .

Keep strong

Best Lisa

I have it too, lots of meds and different foods.  My diet is so limited.  Hoping once I am off this will improve..

Me too, Seasalt! I had a pretty limited diet before taking benzos, but now it is much smaller. Also hoping it'll get better further in the process.

I hope that you have been able to add some more foods in since this post!

I also totally relate to being allergic to fragrances - I can't be around a lot of perfumes, lotions, or candles, without feeling like itchy or like it's more difficult to breathe.

• 4 weeks later...
[48...]

I too suffer from many allergies and food sensitivities. There are even certain plants (esp. Russian thistle, "tumble weed") that have put me in the hospital with anaphylaxis when they are in pollination - I must take a steroid shot every year during that season if I am in the Western US. I've often been diagnosed as "histaminic" or "histamine sensitive".

If any of you notice that your allergies are worse during or after diazepam (Valium), you might want to check out my support thread for the effect that particular benzo may have on your allergies:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254737.0

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have gone through his as well. In my case it started after withdrawal form a steroid about 7 years ago. I changed my diet and avoided anything that created the issues. Then I had sepsis and septic shock and went through it even worse. I literally reacted to everything I came in contact with including water and foods. I improved a little after going on ativan and some other meds and then switched mostly to supplemts. I ended up getting worse again and it turned out i had a dental infection that I had likely had for 10-20 years that only a biologic dentist found. I had been at the dentist 6 months before and they said I was fine. I did some natural therapies and now I am healing from that. I am more sensitive to things in general still and especially since starting to taper and stop ativan this time. It is slowly improving now again though.

I was so bad I could only use baking soda in my hair and only one soap and if it touched something else I would react. Just being around other people and smelling what they were wearing made me sick or driving in the car and smelling exhaust. Touching plants in year. It was horrible.