Re: Crossing over from Ativan to Valium

[Au...]

Can I have some help too please. I was doing Ativan cuts by 1/4 tablet and holding. I now know this doesn’t work for me and that’s why I initially thought long acting Valium would be better. Now I feel like it’s made me worse and definitely made this last cut unbearable.  I’m still not stable since my last cut of Ativan Dec 25th 2020. The only difference this time is that I introduced Valium 5mg since November trying to switch over. Someone made a great suggestion on here to change my Ativan from twice a day dose to three times. Just made this change two days ago and now just waiting to stabilise.

When I do stabilise... I’d like to taper the Valium... how do I do this? I think it’s wise considering I’ve been on this shorter time than Ativan and I find the Ativan works better for me.

Current meds; 1.5mg Ativan 6am, 0.5mg Ativan 1pm, 0.5mg 9.30pm + 5mg Valium.

I have a wonderful compounding pharamacist if I need to make small cuts I can from tablets. I’d prefer to stay on the tablets rather than swap to a liquid. I don’t want to change too many factors.

I suffer so much after cutting 1/4 tablet Ativan. So how much do I cut from Valium 5mg tablets?

Once I finish the Valium taper I plan to taper Ativan with the help of my compounding pharmacist to 1.5mg to 1.45mg (AM dose) and see how it effects me and go from there... Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.