Making Ativan liquid at home

[ta...]

I do not have access to either pharmaceutical Ativan liquid or to a compounding pharmacy. I would like to do a liquid titration for Ativan.

What is the best liquid solvent to use?? Propylene glycol or OraPlus??? And what is the formula for 1mg/ml.

With many thanks.....

[0b...]

Both solvents work (alcohol too), but there's more experience using the commercial OraPlus product. 

I would suggest making only enough liquified Ativan to last a couple of days.  Unlike most other benzos, the Ativan/OraPlus formulation doesn't appear to be as stable.  We have members who feel it works well for at least 2 days.

It might be just a bit challenging to make 1 mg/ml Ativan in OraPlus.  I'm assuming you have 2 mg pills.  You'd want to dissolve a 2 mg pill into a final volume of 2 ml.  You could crush the pill and carefully dissolve it in around 1.5 ml of OP, then carefully adjust the volume up to 2 ml by adding a little more OP to the mix.  I imagine you'd have to measure and adjust the volume using a syringe.

It might be easier to prepare a 0.2 mg/ml solution.  The final volume (from a 2 mg pill) would be 10 ml - much easier to measure using a grad cylinder or volumetric flask.

[0b...]

You can make a 0.2 mg/ml solution by crushing a 2 mg pill into a total of 10 ml of solution.  I think it would be wiser to do this with OraPlus/OraSweet than with PG.  If you use PG, you'd want to dilute it with a fair bit of water before you drink it.

The usual approach (using PG or alcohol) is to dissolve the crushed pill in a a few ml of PG (or alcohol).  Mix it really thoroughly for several minutes.  Then add water to give a desired final volume (e.g. 100 ml).  Now you have 2 mg in 100 ml (0.02 mg/ml), and you can easily calculate how to achieve reductions.