From Ativan to Klonopin

[La...]

Hello:

Does anyone know how to properly switch from Lorazepam to 1.75mg daily dose to Klonopin, please?

I can’t handle Valium (paradoxical reaction), but I know I am ok with Klonopin. Ashton Manual only shows substitution with Valium.

Also, what is the most reliable benzo conversion calculator? I keep getting slightly different conversion results from different sites. THANK YOU!

We use this calculator and I think it's a good one because I recently replied to a member who's Dr converted them with a dose that was too low and they've been suffering horribly and have now decided to go back up in dose in order to start again at a higher equivalent dose.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Using this chart it looks like your Klonopin dose would be .875, since Ativan is so short acting I would think you could crossover fairly quickly, Klonopin doesn't take as long to build up in the blood.

How do you cross over from one to another, please? I know Ashton manual only explains how to do it with Valium, but not other longer acting ones. Thanks again

Do you have a Dr willing to write the script for Klonopin, if so it would help to ask for the lowest size dose then you'll need to decide how you want to break up your tablets in order to introduce it as you eliminate the Ativan.  How have you been cutting your Lorazepam pills?

I do have a very helpful doctor, yes.

So far I’ve been cutting Lorazepam 0.5 in quarters, but probably will need to cut those in half too. Which is hard.

I am not too crazy about liquid taper, would rather do dry for now.

Did you end up switching them to clonazepam?  I’m thinking about doing the same thing and my doc is willing to try but she did warn me than crossing over can cause a lot of distress and can take around 2 months to complete the cross over.  I can’t stand the interdose withdrawal particularly the morning one.