Hello

[fu...]

Hello

I've been on various benzos for a year after health issues and job loss and have tried to taper over the last few months.

I now take 1mg diaz and 2.5mg temaz when i wake up in the middle of the night.

Lately during the day due to added stresses I have intermittently added up to 5-6 mg of diaz, a few days a week over the last two weeks.

I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I feel like I am in permanent withdrawal, with unbearable anxiety and agitation, compulsive picking behaviours, hyperventilation and difficulty breathing and very dark thoughts. I am losing my ability function.

My docs tell me to take more diaz and have no clue about benzos. WHen i try to discuss addiction and withdrawal they tell me to stop reading the literature about these topics. I am beyond distressed.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to move from my current situation to a better place i would be so appreciative. Thank you.

Hello futurehope, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sad to hear your Dr's are suggesting more Diazepam and to stop educating yourself about this process, in my opinion, you should be doing the exact opposite.  Understanding how benzo's work and doing what it takes to be free of them is the best approach to getting through this and returning to who you were before them. 

It looks like you're suffering interdose withdrawal during the day and medicating to stop it, I would suggest finding the lowest dose you can find in a 24 hour period and taking that dose split into at least 3 to keep your blood levels even.

What does your taper look like, we suggest about a 5-10% reduction every week or two depending on your symptoms, they should guide you.  I'll provide some links to get you started but feel free to ask questions and make yourself at home.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)