Hello my new buddies

[Ab...]

Hi everyone.

I have been prescribed xanax for about 10 years as needed leading to a gradual and steady increase of daily use in the last 4 years to cope with anxiety while in college. I am currently doing a slow taper as ithis medication is no long effective and full of negative side effects. I'm looking for support and guidance for how I can get my life back to normal.

Hi Abletons,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We are glad you are here!

I'll get you started with a couple of links that you might find helpful. I agree with you about the side effects of Xanax. I also was a long time prescribed user who is currently tapering. I'll give you the link for the withdrawal support thread which is a great place to ask questions you may have regarding your taper.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'll also give you the link for the success stories board. That is an inspiring place where people write about their successful tapers off of benzos.

Success Stories

I'll also post the Ashton manual in case you have never heard of it. It's a great guide to benzos and how to taper off of them.

The Ashton Manual

Also feel free to browse any of the other boards that seem helpful to you.

Again, welcome!

SRR

Abletons,

you are in the right place for support.

slow and steady is the best way to being benzo free so you are doing the right thing!

I'm sure you will get through it and enjoy your life again!

Best of luck!