Intro Hello

[gi...]

Hello,

I have been taking Lorezepam for serveral years.  It was prescribed to me for anxiety and panic attacks when I was going through a hard time.  Gradually the dosage increased.  I have been taking it on a maintenance level for about 2 years.  I had a dental extraction and implant put in.  I did not take any Lorezepam during that time because I only took what the dr game to recover and I didn't want the drugs to interact badly.  So 3 days post op, I started have excruciating dental pain, leading the doctor to remove the implant.  But the pain didn't subside, it got worse.  I was in my whole mouth, I started to have body chills, my whole body went into craziness.  I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I went to second opinion oral surgeon who said my mouth looked fine and there was no reason for me to be in this much pain.  I have an auto immune disorder so at this point I just figured it was trigger from the mouth trauma.  At this point, I had not taken my Lorezepam for 7 days.  I don't know why but it suddenly occurred to me that that could be causing all my pain and other symptoms.  So I took it.  An hour or so later, I felt better.  6 hours later, after my second regular dose, my mouth pain was done ( I still had normal soreness where the extraction was), all my chills gone, my brain and body started to feel normal.  Thats when I started researching and found similar stories and this support forum.  I am still in shock.  I had no idea that my body was that addicted and my body would react the way it did by not having it.  It was so scary.  I am still scared.  I am glad I found this site.  I do not want to be on this drug anymore, but I realize I have a long way to go and to prepare for tapering off.  Thanks for listening.

Hello giraffe01, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Your story breaks my heart, I'm so sorry you had to find out the hard way how dangerous going off of these drugs cold turkey is but I'm glad you're out of pain now.  I'm sad you had to have the implant removed, what a mess!

It's good you've been researching your situation and you're right, this is going to take some time but it's possible to get off of these drugs and live happily ever after.  We suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two but this should be driven by your symptoms, if it hurts too much, slow it down.

I'll give you some links to areas of the forum to begin your journey with us, please feel free to reach out for help.

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

We're glad you found us, let us know what we can do for you.

Pamster

Thank you so much Pamster.  I know I feel traumatized by the experience.  Of getting a tooth pulled, out and implant in, and then ripped out again (no I know needlessly) all in a week.  AND finding out I was going cold turkey on a drug withdrawl and didn't even realize it! Thank you for the resources.  I am going to start my research process.  My brain and body need to heal for a week or so before I think of the tapering.  Its so scary to think of having to go through that again but like you said I went cold turkey and I will NEVER do that again.  Thank you  :angel:

I haven't had to go the implant route yet but it sounds like an awful procedure and traumatizing without the terror of going through a drug withdrawal.  I'm glad you're going to stabilize before you begin, this is a very unpleasant process but its the only way we've found to be free of the drug and the effect it has had on our lives.