Burning sore aching feet

[Be...]

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all doing ok.  So I’m nearly a year out since jumping.  Recently I started to have a couple of  3 - 4 day windows with minimal symptoms which was heaven.  This week I got to confident & made myself to busy doing stuff (working, errands, generally making myself busy), I stuffed up on my diet & ate Kraut which had traces of alcohol in it, set off a wave, then I ate gluten (never a good idea) & sugar & then KFC, whoops.  Today I have sore aching burning feet, I’ve had this symptom before during withdrawal & it went away.  Now it’s back with avengence.

Help! I need reassurance that this will go away.  Also how do you all stay vigilant with dietary restrictions when you feel like you’re on the up & up? It’s hard as I want to get back to normal pronto & am being hideously impatient.  Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it. 

Hi Bess55, sorry to hear that your welcome improvements were broken by return of symptoms. I don't really have any advice - just relate to your symptom of aching, burning feet. I've had the same thing for the duration of my time off all meds. It's a pain! I'm also in the throes of a setback after confronting my system with more than it could handle. I wish I could help with your question, but all I have is admiration and encouragement for keeping on and getting through this, and meantime enduring the limitations it imposes. I wish you all the best  Sarah

Hi Bess55, sorry to hear that your welcome improvements were broken by return of symptoms. I don't really have any advice - just relate to your symptom of aching, burning feet. I've had the same thing for the duration of my time off all meds. It's a pain! I'm also in the throes of a setback after confronting my system with more than it could handle. I wish I could help with your question, but all I have is admiration and encouragement for keeping on and getting through this, and meantime enduring the limitations it imposes. I wish you all the best  Sarah

Thank you so much for your lovely message & kind words.  I really appreciate it.  Right now my feet are like frozen blocks of ice - w/d sure is one weird beast. 

Congratulations on being benzo free - go you! I hope you are having an ok day. 

Just read this and wow, deja vu!!!!  I have been following in your burning footsteps and see that I, also, went overboard with too much eating, decorating, shopping, and just being a busy bee during the holidays...PLUS, two weeks ago I ate some lobster with butter (Rich), and cheese fondue that had both wine and sherry in it.  Extra sherry was added when reheating the cheese fondue, so maybe the alcohol, even in a small dose, actually brought on this two week long wave?  I got sick and remain sick since the day after this gluttonous meal :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:.  We are what we eat and what we ate was not clean and healthy.  So back to healthy eating and a return to feeling much much better.  Are you in a heat wave there in Australia?  I have a dear friend that lives in Perth so am going to Facebook with him and see if he is also sizzling?????  Take care of YOU and yours :smitten:

Just read this and wow, deja vu!!!!  I have been following in your burning footsteps and see that I, also, went overboard with too much eating, decorating, shopping, and just being a busy bee during the holidays...PLUS, two weeks ago I ate some lobster with butter (Rich), and cheese fondue that had both wine and sherry in it.  Extra sherry was added when reheating the cheese fondue, so maybe the alcohol, even in a small dose, actually brought on this two week long wave?  I got sick and remain sick since the day after this gluttonous meal :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:.  We are what we eat and what we ate was not clean and healthy.  So back to healthy eating and a return to feeling much much better.  Are you in a heat wave there in Australia?  I have a dear friend that lives in Perth so am going to Facebook with him and see if he is also sizzling?????  Take care of YOU and yours :smitten:

Oh I'm so sorry that you are suffering in the depths of a wave.  I find clean eating easy when I;m doing really badly as i have to do it.  When things are going ok or good I find it hard to stay discliplined.  oh the lobster sounds devine! I love how I reason that food that I know is bad for me is totally worth it at the time and then I absolutley flog myself when i'm doing badly for it later. It would totally be the alcohol -it's soooooo bad for our sensitive benzo brains.  And the cheese isn't great.  Are you taking probiotics? you can get non diary pro biotics.& make sure you are drinking lots of water too.

Yep I'm in Australia & it's crazy hot here - better than last summer though with all the bushfires.  I hope you are doing ok &  being kind to yourself.

I had that symptom too, plus burning mouth. Itchy skin, so badly I only wore super soft clothing.

Why on earth are you trying to follow "dietary restrictions" now??? Benzo wd is bad enough, so why restrict yourself right now?

If you want lobster, eat it. Once you heal from benzos you can resume your stringent diet plan.

Huh! UI survived my first year out  only eating Peppermint Patties. And I am still alive. And benzo free! Amen

• 3 weeks later...

My feet have lost their fat pads and are hard and tight and painful to stand on.

I have buzzing/fizzing on the bottom of them.

The joints click and grind just like everywhere else and get sudden intense pain in different areas like joints have dislocated.