I'm scared and I don't know what is happening to me

[Re...]

Hi everyone, I have returned with more insomnia issues. Also, I should note that as of right now, I've been advised to not stop my Klonopin as I'm pregnant and at this stage it could be dangerous for the baby as she could go through withdrawal and there would be nothing we could do. I'm 30 weeks. Anyway, I'm still taking the same 1mg dose at night as of right now. The current situation is causing me a lot of stress, though. While taking the Klonopin, I can only sleep a majority of 6 broken hours. Last night I believe I was awake nearly every hour, and once the sun was up I was just laying in bed hopelessly. This brings back a lot of fear for me from before I starting taking it in the first place, the reason I was prescribed it was because of anxiety surrounding sleep and insomnia. The sleeping disease that must not be named is at the forefront of my mind, and I am just scared. My anxiety while on the Klonopin is terrible, and I just don't know what to do. I guess I'm reassurance seeking. This lack of understanding of what's happening to me is making every day such hell, and all I want to do is be the best mother I can be to my two kids and unborn baby, and I just feel like such a failure right now.. :'(

The disease that must not be named is on my mind too. But if u google it u will see lots of other symptoms involved and I don’t have any of those, and I’m sure neither do you.

I’m sorry this has happened to you, I was rxd for sleep too. I’d give anything to get the old insomnia back. It’s awful x

I promise you that you don't have the unmentionable sleep disease!

Please don't worry about this!

I'm gonna tell you this for comfort....

My insomnia was sooooo bad and I spent so many weeks and months going 2 and 3 days with zero sleep etc.

I had other symptoms as well, but at one point the doctors actually wanted to make sure that I didn't have the unnamed...

So I had a million tests, a 24hr EEG, and a ton of other stuff...

Totally did NOT have it!

Most of the time it is hereditary, and it is soooo extremely rare, and has definite symptoms that you do not have!

The fact that you can sleep any broken hours at all says right there that you don't have it!

I'm sooooo sorry you have to go through this while pregnant, just try try try not to worry about this, and just focus on all the good things that will be coming with your new baby :smitten:

I used to be like you, and worried about not sleeping (the reason I was prescribed benzos to begin with too)

But now I don't even worry about it anymore... because now I know our human bodies can handle much more than we could ever imagine, and that the brain will actually do these things called micro-sleeps when it needs to! I know because I could see them on my EEG :)

Rest easy today and know that you will get though this!

I’m going to be honest with you.

Baby is going to wd whether you do it now or later.

My 1st son had to withdrawal in the NICU for 6 weeks after birth

(I was polydrugged and on a higher dose though.)

He’s ok now. But I want you to be prepared for that. I was told the same thing. Not sure how wd would affect baby in uterero. Never had to do that. 

I did go through protracted wd with my second son’s pregnancy. Second son was never exposed to benzos but I was 21-30 months(ish) protracted when I was pregnant and had him. So I’ve been pregnant in withdrawal.

Message me if you have any more questions! I don’t always keep up with posts

Both of my boys are fine now <333

I’m going to be honest with you.

Baby is going to wd whether you do it now or later.

My 1st son had to withdrawal in the NICU for 6 weeks after birth

(I was polydrugged and on a higher dose though.)

He’s ok now. But I want you to be prepared for that. I was told the same thing. Not sure how wd would affect baby in uterero. Never had to do that. 

I did go through protracted wd with my second son’s pregnancy. Second son was never exposed to benzos but I was 21-30 months(ish) protracted when I was pregnant and had him. So I’ve been pregnant in withdrawal.

Message me if you have any more questions! I don’t always keep up with posts

Both of my boys are fine now <333

I'm glad to hear that your kiddos are doing well! Especially after your first, that is one of my bigger fears at the moment. The reason they are saying that it would be less dangerous on the outside for her is that if she were to need oxygen or medication to stabilize her, they could do that. On the inside, they really can't, and the stress of withdrawal could end in stillbirth. I've been through that before, not benzo related, and I can't ever risk that again, it was so awful. I've been doing a bunch of research on the possibilities and procedures for babies that are born in WD and I'm just really trying to hold onto the hope that she'll do great ♥ For now she's rolling all around and her heart is perfect and she's always doing her practice breathing! For sure though, I anticipate some amount of struggle..and I know if she can go through it without a choice, then I have no excuse not to. It really is an unfortunate thing, though, and I regret every day ever accepting the prescription.

The disease that must not be named is on my mind too. But if u google it u will see lots of other symptoms involved and I don’t have any of those, and I’m sure neither do you.

I’m sorry this has happened to you, I was rxd for sleep too. I’d give anything to get the old insomnia back. It’s awful x

I agree, I'd much rather have my old insomnia where I could at least crash after some days of no sleep and at least know I could sleep! Now it's total dependency and my brain just can't do it on its own anymore.. No neurological symptoms, but that fear is still just such a terrible one, even though logically I know it's not true!