Greetings - Short use of Klonopin

[fe...]

Greetings

I am suffering from Tinnitus and Hyperacusis

Lately I experienced a major worsening

I used Klonopin for 3 days so far and now I want to know if I need to taper and how.

Thank you :)

[b4...]

Hello ferolia, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It is nice to have you be a part of our group!  It is doubtful you would need to taper from Klonopin after only using it for three days.  If you had been using it for a couple of weeks or longer, that would be a different story.  Did you use it for anxiety?  If so, you may find this link helpful:

Anxiety

You can start a thread when you feel ready.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate

Hello ferolia, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It is nice to have you be a part of our group!  It is doubtful you would need to taper from Klonopin after only using it for three days.  If you had been using it for a couple of weeks or longer, that would be a different story.  Did you use it for anxiety?  If so, you may find this link helpful:

Anxiety

You can start a thread when you feel ready.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate

Dear Kate thank you for having me on the forum and for your helpful message.

The regime I followed was the following:

Monday: 0.5mg day+ 0.5mg night

Tuesday: 0.75mg night

Wednesday: 0.5mg night

Today I haven't taken anything yet.

I used it to help take the edge of my tinnitus, which has lately gotten worse along with my hyperacusis.

Clonazepam seems to even lower the symptoms. Rivotril specifically. But I am aware of the dangers and it is also possible to make your tinnitus worse by using it regularly and quitting CT.

Therefore I need an opinion by the people of the forum.

You appear to be well informed that benzo tolerance and withdrawal can cause or worsen tinnitus so I'm glad you sought us out to get other opinions about your situation.  My feeling is any involvement of benzo's is going to worsen your situation, even sporadic use can lead to dependence which will exacerbate your condition.

I hope you'll find other ways to cope with this miserable condition, benzo's aren't the answer, its my opinion you don't need to taper the Klonopin if you've only taken 4 doses. 

You appear to be well informed that benzo tolerance and withdrawal can cause or worsen tinnitus so I'm glad you sought us out to get other opinions about your situation.  My feeling is any involvement of benzo's is going to worsen your situation, even sporadic use can lead to dependence which will exacerbate your condition.

I hope you'll find other ways to cope with this miserable condition, benzo's aren't the answer, its my opinion you don't need to taper the Klonopin if you've only taken 4 doses. 

@Pamster thank you for your reply. It is indeed pure misery this situation.

My latest worsenings didn't involve benzo usage.

However I am interested to read more information on that worsening capacity of benzo's sporadic use.

Personally when I say sporadic I usually do one dose once in several months. 0.5mg

Do you think I already worsened my situation due to benzos?

The only time I used regularly was for around a week by a neuro who turned to be quite bad as a doctor. That was 3 years ago. I did feel that after that treatment things went worse. But he also stuffed me with other meds along with it, so I can't tell what was the culprit there.

Many questions on one post... hope it's not an issue.

I don't believe you've worsened your situation by taking those 4 doses and you may be able to get away with occasional use, one dose in several months sounds fairly safe.  Any regular use however is almost certain to worsen your situation. 

You're welcome to reach out to others on the forum to discuss their experience with this condition, there is a thread in our support group section dedicated to this topic.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96554.0

I agree, it's difficult to know the culprit for any condition when too many solutions are thrown at it.

[a1...]
Neuromod company has developed Lenire device for treating tinnitus. There may be some other treatments as well. Problem with drugs for tinnitus is that you'd have to be on them for life, otherwise withdrawal would make the condition much worse. Many of us have gotten tinnitus and hyperacusis from withdrawal.

I don't believe you've worsened your situation by taking those 4 doses and you may be able to get away with occasional use, one dose in several months sounds fairly safe.  Any regular use however is almost certain to worsen your situation. 

You're welcome to reach out to others on the forum to discuss their experience with this condition, there is a thread in our support group section dedicated to this topic.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96554.0

I agree, it's difficult to know the culprit for any condition when too many solutions are thrown at it.

Again thank you very much, that looks very helpful.

That's a pretty warm forum here :)

Neuromod company has developed Lenire device for treating tinnitus. There may be some other treatments as well. Problem with drugs for tinnitus is that you'd have to be on them for life, otherwise withdrawal would make the condition much worse. Many of us have gotten tinnitus and hyperacusis from withdrawal.

Yes I am aware of that.

That is why I asked whether these 3 days could be of an issue.