Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group

[le...]

Today has been absolutely brutal. Looping looping looping, heads absolutely spinning. Anxiety through the roof, when will this end dear god

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [le...]

• [Ha...]

• [di...]

• [Da...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you exercising and doing protein shakes and supplements? Sex?

Walking is all I can manage since my setback, but walk as much as I can which varies on the day. Can't tolerate protein shakes or supplements. My CNS is completely sensitized, and my brain is fried.

But getting a bit of relief at the moment

Today has been absolutely brutal. Looping looping looping, heads absolutely spinning. Anxiety through the roof, when will this end dear god

It will end lovely. You will heal.  I know it. Hang in there. You’re more than worth it.

It will end lovely. You will heal.  I know it. Hang in there. You’re more than worth it.

Thanks Bess xx

Just wondered how everyone doing, really had enough this. As a one off took 1/2 a zopiclone last night just try get bit relief. Feel much better this morning, know I can't go back on them, as can't cope with acute withdrawal again, but has confirmed this is all caused by withdrawal, not because I've lost my mind. Just really frustrating as I felt normal all time I was on them, maybe if been allowed to taper might been OK.

It's criminal Leann. I'm sure you've thought of all the angles here, but is it at all possible to get a referral to a psychiatrist? I think it was the doctor who cut you off? There are some good ones so I'm led to believe. You could then discuss possibly reinstating with the promise to them it would only be to taper properly. You might get lucky, and have little to lose except some time.

I was also considering contacting the doctor in this article

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/long-term-antidepressants-could-cause-permanent-damage-doctors-083200343.html

He's based in Southampton tho, so not sure how that would work.

I'm starting to see some improvements, I don't feel too bad in my windows, hopefully you will too soon

I would go the other way. It's a long time since you were forced off the Zopiclone and I wouldn't want to risk going through the horror that you've already been through (which was much worse than this horror) only to risk going through it again. A small one off dose could give relief but that doesn't mean all will be fine if it's reinstated or that tapering will be any easier than what you're going through now.

I don't blame you for feeling desperate but these one off "rescue" doses are not doing any good in the long run. I think you would be better off now had you not done it in the past and I think you'll be better off in the future if you can get rid of your old pills and remove the temptation.

It's criminal Leann. I'm sure you've thought of all the angles here, but is it at all possible to get a referral to a psychiatrist? I think it was the doctor who cut you off? There are some good ones so I'm led to believe. You could then discuss possibly reinstating with the promise to them it would only be to taper properly. You might get lucky, and have little to lose except some time.

I was also considering contacting the doctor in this article

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/long-term-antidepressants-could-cause-permanent-damage-doctors-083200343

He's based in Southampton tho, so not sure how that would work.

I'm starting to see some improvements, I don't feel too bad in my windows, hopefully you will too soon

I did pay to see a psychiatrist, just put me on high dose of ant depressant think duloxetine? Had me bouncing off ceiling so had to stop got very little faith in them. It's the anti depressants did real damage, managed to go away for week after stopping zop, but SSRI's just plunged me into a bad place, no way I would ever take them again. Did briefly feel better after the zop for while, but know it's not a real solution. I did take 1 in Jan, wouldn't reinstate them, just some weeks gets too much need relief for few hours as never get Windows. Sadly think AD's undid all recovery time prior to taking them. Just getting to stage giving up hope ever fully recover

Feel like I'm in acute again this week been hell. Can't take much more of this, this is ruining my life😢😰😩

I've given up. Last week actually felt the depression, crying spells, hopelessness finally lifted bit, fell like I'm in acute again this week. Can't eat, just stuck in bed. Think maybe some of us too badly damaged by the drugs and never fully recover. Maybe I just need to accept that.

I've given up. Last week actually felt the depression, crying spells, hopelessness finally lifted bit, fell like I'm in acute again this week. Can't eat, just stuck in bed. Think maybe some of us too badly damaged by the drugs and never fully recover. Maybe I just need to accept that.

You're starting to get windows by the sounds of it Leann. AD WD can take as long as benzos. You're are now starting to heal properly and you WILL heal.

You've got this

The OCD and intrusive thoughts never let up, would they not ease in a window, not really sure what to expect? Sorry to be a Debbie downer! Yes the AD's made things so much worse, felt ghastly on them and withdrawal been brutal.

You have 2 WD's going on. So you will probably get waves and windows of both. I know I do, I can tell the difference. The OCD is probably the Zoo? As it started 1st, and the worst symptoms will be the last to leave because it's probably caused by the most damage. That's my theory anyway.

But the fact that some symptoms are changing means something is happening. Unfortunately just not as quickly as any of us would like

Thanks for the explanation. The OCD really started with the AD's, was more just intrusive thoughts with the zop. They did lot more damage. Just when you are in middle god awful wave you can't see any way out. But the other stuff is varying so just praying something is happening. See you were on them as well.

Yep, bloody awful things. Only just getting over 1 dose of an AD 4 months ago. Still cycling through sx, but they are getting better. Had a couple of days now of hope.

They were much worse than zop for me. Longer I was on them worse I felt. They give them out like sweeties here.Think it's mainly AD withdrawal now. I did take 1/2 zop earlier in week see if it helped so might be that triggering things off as well. God we all need break from this!!!

Im on this club as well, my symptoms are only mental

I endured ALL that before on my last attempt, i got gradually better( the inner agony, paranóia too got a little better, cognitive got a little better, more that i cant remember now got easyer)  resuming all i was still housebond at 9 months, pregabalin that at First did nothing suddenly started to control the mental stuff and got me out of home , i significantly dropped the dose 8 months later

Now im already addicted to It, im on acute again, and started sulpiride now because It helped with the ocd that was leading tô suicidal toughts( scary sx ) , one more drug to quit in the Future but It helped

Pregabalin this early on this WD, its doing nothing to Control those, cant quit now, i think its calming me  somehow , but its doing nothing to mental stuff like It suddenly did on my last

dont wish no one te be on drugs but i cant tell How i would be doing without them, on this as on my last time withdrawing , i have a plan to in the Future stop them

Just introducing my case

Hope the meds help you. I'm too scared to try anything else, the anti depressants messed me up so badly. Good luck anyway.

Hope you feel better too, im afraid of meds like you are

This last drug i started, i only kept because i noticed intantaneous relief of ocd thoughts and suicidal ideation

Im still Very messed up even with those

I can sympathise with that. The ones I tried for it just made them worse, messed my head up even more. Glad you are finding a bit of relief anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondered how everyone is doing. Still the same here, had lot family stress recently so almost feel like acute again. Hope will stabilise eventually but no noticeable improvement. Hope others doing better.

I'm actually doing ok! Mental stuff has been getting better over the last few weeks, along with my brain sensations.

Just a bit of cog fog and  mild anxiety today!! Woop woop!!

Keep the faith, it will get better!!

Glad you are improving at least.  I just seem awful at moment but think it's due to lot emotional stress I'm under .