Author Topic: Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group  (Read 6091 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 12:01:35 pm »
Hi bancha,

Glad you found a little relief, it can so overwhelming at times. I agree with acceptance being a key part of this, it's difficult but fighting just makes it worse in my opinion. I've been experimenting a little with zinc which seems to calm me a lot which in turn helps with the acceptance.

We'll get there
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 12:05:15 pm »
I know that there are a lot of people on here suffering with mental stuff. Just wondering why it's not usually the main topic. It always seems to be about a physical issue. I know the physical can be a challenge and can be hellish in its own right but to feel like you're bordering on insanity is the worst feeling in the world and to be stuck feeling that way day after day is a real test of one's resolve and might.

I agree totally, I was in agony for a while, could only sleep a little on the floor and could barely walk. But I could cope, the mental torture I've endured on the other hand puts suffering into another level. But what choice do we have? Gotta just keep going
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 12:08:12 pm »
Just wondered if anyone found anything helped or increased mental symptoms we could share? My sleep been awful since Xmas only getting about 3 hours that's made things lot worse. Have ordered some unsisom from US so hoping might help. When we were briefly allowed to see family and friends , go out for coffee, meal last year, that definitely workerd as distraction fir me. But I know others would rather isolate themselves. I do get some days whe wake with horrible wave feeling totally hopeless for no reason, can't find any triggers?

Found plenty that increases the symptoms unfortunately, most things I've tried. But zinc seems to be helping my anxiety, only taken it twice. 1st time I took 10mg which was too much for me, but took 5mg yesterday and it was the most relaxed I've been since this nightmare began

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 01:20:20 pm »
Good news on the Zinc. I might go buy some. Out of interest did you get any specific form of it ot just a compound. I am aware that it can come in several forms. I seem to remember being advised to get Zinc Citrate for treating flu previously.

I just bought the lowest dosage I could find to try it. It's zinc oxide. I've just ordered some ionic zinc (liquid) so I can experiment better with dosage. I've read different types can have slightly different effects, so I think it's just trial and error to see if and what type works for you.

Have a look at the "zinc is awesome" thread in alternative therapies

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 05:08:29 pm »
I agree it seems to be mainly physical symptoms on main board even though mental ones can be awful.. I've found any supplements Rev my symptoms up, but know they help others . Slept bit better last couple nights which really helps. Weather here awful had snow and pavements very slippy, so haven't been able to go for walk which does help.  Any sort of distraction or mini project I've found really helpful. We're thinking changing our conservatory so researching that been real distraction. Anything you have really concentrate on has helped me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2021, 05:02:57 pm »
Just wondered how everyone doing? Had a few OK ish days, but OCD and anxiety back again, get bit improvement , then get slammed by a wave yet again. This is such a roller coaster ride😫

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2021, 06:25:10 pm »
Rough few days for me, barely out of bed. Depression and looping music in my head. But just 3 or 4 words of a song over and over.... God help us

Glad you're starting to have some better days [...] xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2021, 08:08:42 pm »
Hope you soon improve. [...] had a window more case some days cope better than others. Hope we all get Windows soon!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:34 am »
Those days you are coping better are windows [...], as time goes by they will get better and the bad days less intense too. So you'll probably finds that your bad days are like your good days are now, and eventually go. I've heard some people just wake up clear and symptom free, but I've found it more gradual.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 06:26:10 pm »
Today has been absolutely brutal. Looping looping looping, heads absolutely spinning. Anxiety through the roof, when will this end dear god