Author Topic: Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group  (Read 10573 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2021, 12:14:10 am »
Do you have any relief at all? Are you able to distract yourself at all?

I'm in purgatory atm. Just wish I could make myself less obsessed with my recovery.But yeah, not quitein a wave but not quite a window either. Some days its more so anxiety, others its more depression.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2021, 07:11:29 am »
Nope getting worse.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2021, 12:39:33 am »
and you'd say reinstating made you worse? how immediately did the negative effects happen?

[Buddie]

« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2021, 05:34:04 pm »
Only tried couple nights of zop, think will wait bit longer then see if I improve. Been feeling worse recently, think the course I tried and supplement for my hair made me worse, [...] get any improvement just get horrible waves every so often.

[Buddie]

« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2021, 08:38:54 pm »
How did you feel when you were on the zop long term?

[Buddie]

« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2021, 12:06:57 pm »
Absolutely fine, normal, no anxiety, would [...] have come off it given a choice. I had a life unlike now. Think it's too long off it  to go back on it and have same effects. I believe diazapam would help, but doctors here refuse to give it to you. Just feel my previous life is basically over.

[Buddie]

« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2021, 11:20:25 am »
God yes, it's absolutely debilitating. My brain at times goes a mile a minute with this crap (intrusive thoughts)

[Buddie]

« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2021, 12:21:19 pm »
Sorry you are having to cope with that as well. Yes I'm beginning  to doubt recovery will actually happen. Feel worse than I did 6 months ago.

[Buddie]

« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2022, 10:12:00 pm »
Hi,
I have tapered off, reinstated so Roche would give me a HepC treatment free (they insisted), tried to taper again but was unable to find my meds after someone stole them, went back into deep withdrawal, couldn't get usual brand of clonazepam and got different crap type every month, had to reinstate because Dr. made me get off years of prescribed Norco after broken back and spinal fusion. As my Norco taper got low, I was forced to updose (i guess the 2 drugs stopped pain and anxiety).

Sorry about brief history of benzo problems since first being prescribed clonazepam in 1992 after starting prozac which started the extreme anxiety. Quit prozac but have been through lots of ADs but [...] could get off clonazepam (except a whole year taper back in 1997).

Sorry I am off topic, but yes the intrusive thoughts all through this have been awful but just one aspect of many bad side effects.

For the last couple years (maybe caused by low dose trazadone for sleep) or just another bad benzo sx, I have had extremely lewd thoughts and dreams and constant sex arousal that feels like I am on edge of orgasm whether thinking or seeing anything sexual...constant unwanted feeling.

At first, I tried to masturbate to relieve it but either couldn't orgasm or if I could I got the arousal thing back even worse immediately. In fact, I think it made it worse but no relief.

I have also had much intrusive thoughts that people were hating me and became agoraphobic having to force myself to get out briefly just to get refills, Dr. appts, groceries, etc with much anxiety.

All anti-depressants I tried just made more bad symptoms. So now am on highest dose ever of clonazepam (4 mgs/day) and having this persistant sexual arousal with no cure I can find. The Dr said it was from anxiety, recommended masturbation and higher dose of benzo/different type plus another ssri.

I don't know if this is mental illness caused by benzos or permanent condition. I intend to try one more horrid taper after I have heart surgery but am so anxious about that I think a taper now would actually do me in.

Sorry if this makes no sense (another intrusive thought I get a lot about anything I say or do).

Will end this with a question if anyone else has this 24/7 lewd thought/genital arousal thing happening (Dr. called it PGAD).

Please advise if you have had this, do have this and how you deal with this extra tough sx.