c/o of Xanax 3mg daily to Valium 60mg per Ashton Manual. Need help with dosing

[Li...]

My doctor is completely on board with the Ashton Manual to switch from X to V so that I can taper from just the V. She said this will take 6 months or more and that is completely fine with me. I need help with my dosing schedule as the Ashton manual has a taper schedule table for 4mg daily taken 4 times daily. I need help with these conversions please.

I am currently on the following schedule with my X1mg tablets:

5am- 0.5mg X

9am- 0.5mg X

1pm- 0.5mg X

5pm- 0.5mg X

9pm- 1mg X

:-\

My doctor wants me to start off leaving my first 4 doses as is with my X and the 9pm dose to decrease to take 0.5mg X with 10mg V.

She is switching me completely to V off X. She is willing to hold my doses as needed if it becomes too much as I am a single mother with a disabled special needs 15yo son and work 2 full time jobs (thank goodness 1 of those being from home)

:idiot: I was needing help past this first week with scheduling the dosage tapering from X to V. My current schedule is above and I will start tonight only halving the bedtime 9pm dose from 1mg X to 0.5mg X to 0.5mg X & 10mg V.

Any suggestions or conversions with my dosage schedule is greatly appreciated.

I was also advised and did purchase the OLLY Sleep and Stress Away gummies she suggested. I have also been taking Melatonin 10mg at bedtime for apx. 4 years now after I myself decided to go cold turkey off of Temazepam 30mg for sleep, which also on the downside upped my nighttime dosage of X to 1mg so I did not have awful withdrawal doing that. I made this choice because I knew that I could not possibly taper off the 30mg Temazepam capsules.

However I do have overactive thyroid which completely interrupts my sleep pattern completely at times when my TSH levels run low as they bounce all over the place. I should also mention that my body will not tolerate the generic Synthroid as it does not move my TSH levels at all, so I do have to take the name brand Synthroid for hyperthyroidism.

I discussed with my doctor also that I had a severe TBI in 2008 and current have intracranial hemorrhage from that on 3 lobes of my brain. We will discuss that next visit she said. She is being very supportive and wants to help me and that's all that I can ask for.

Please help with conversions on making a taper schedule from X to V. Thank you all in advance. :thumbsup:

I have a question, do you hope when you've made your conversion to Valium to be dosing 3 times a day as outlined in the Ashton manual?

I have one concern about starting a new sleep aid, not sure it's a good idea when beginning your taper, it might be better to maintain the status quo for now.

If I do somewhat okay with the conversion, yes I will be somewhere near the conversion dosage 3 times daily with the V. And I will wait to see as I did last night with the gummies how the V affects me with this conversion. Thank you so much helping! :smitten:

I need your help with one more thing, this table is for a crossover from Klonopin to Valium but since Klonopin has the same equivalency as Xanax you can use this.  I guess my question then is, are you asking for help to try to figure out how to whittle your 5 doses of Xanax to 3 doses of Valium as you cross?

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s6

Yes ma'am. Schedule 7 is the schedule my doctor told me to tweak with to meet my X at 3mg daily instead of 4mg daily. I should leave the doses as is with the Xanax so close right now considering the switch from X to V. I am looking to convert this weeks c/o on another dose. I will have to take 0.5mg X and 10mg V on another dose as I am now with the bedtime 9pm dose. I am needing help swapping that table of Schedule 7 into not 1mg X 4 times daily but instead the schedule I'd been on with the 0.5mg at a time except bedtime dose. I'm starting to feel the difference in the med change for sure. Having to stop the ADD medication is a struggle in itself, but hey atleast I'm not gonna withdrawal from not taking those  :)

Thank you so much for all your help!! It is very much appreciated  :smitten:

The schedule I'm suggesting you use is #6, its for Klonopin but since Klonopin and Xanax are equivalent you can use it, just substitute your Xanax for the Klonopin. https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s6

I'm still wondering what your plan is to convert your 5 doses of Xanax over to 3 doses of Valium, you've successfully crossed your 9:00 pm dose, which do you plan next?

I'm thinking out loud here but I wonder if as you cross the next couple of doses to Valium, if you might be able to actually eliminate one of your day doses completely rather than convert it to Valium.  Equivalency charts vary and Professor Ashton's, the one you're using is actually heavier than most so I'm thinking you might get away with crossing over to 50 mgs. 

Tapers are very individual things so its important to listen to your body to give you clues on what to do and yours might tell you that 50 mgs is a better fit than 60, who knows?