Need advice

[LL...]

I have been on the tapering method for almost a year now. Suddenly my pharmacy is stating that they have given me 300 pills since October 9th which I don't understand how that would even be possible seeing it is a controlled substance and I have never received 300 pills. I have tapered down from 4 a day to 2 a day and now my doctor & pharmacy are refusing to refill my prescription even though I told them I have not received that many pills. I am scared to death of dying from the with drawl effects. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to possibly get through this? I took my last one last night. Please help 

Hello LLKL73, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Have you asked to speak to the manager of the pharmacy, have you asked them produce records of these transactions?  If they dispensed this many pills then it's on them to give you the proof and since it is a controlled substance then its on them since they must be shown ID to dispense them.  I'd ask to see their security camera footage, this would provide proof it wasn't you.  There must be more going on that meets the eye.

Can you tell us what benzo you're currently taking? 

I'm not sure what you need can do, I'd suggest starting a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board to ask for suggestions from our other members, you might be able to find someone who has experienced something like this.

Let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

I am on Lorazapam

I asked to speak to the pharmacy manager and he stated to me that they did not ask for ID that they only require the person to know the birthdate,

My doctor is not listening to me and is taking them at their word.

I am so scared

This is still on them, how can they dispense a controlled substance without ID?  How can they dispense that many pills without a prescription, I'm pretty sure your Dr didn't write the script for that many pills, this is ridiculous! 

Do you have someone to advocate for you, someone who can handle this in a calm manner, I know you must be freaking out.

I've been told that you can go to the ER if you get bad off and they have to treat you.  Also, it's rare to have a seizure so there isn't much risk of dying but it's going to be painful, I'm so sorry you're facing this.

But please, start a thread on the link I gave you to get more input from the wider community.