Please help me....40mg a day diazepam moving to shorter acting Zopiclone.

[rw...]

I'm currently taking 40mg diazepam. I understand that it has the longest metabolite. Dr here in Vietnam put me on 7.5 Zopiclone. Plus I'm eating depakote when I feel symptoms. I don't want to die here. Someone please tell me if this is the right thing for me to be doing.

[21...]
Zopiclone 7.5 mg is equivalent to 5 mg diazepam. Also, it has a much, much shorter half-life. In my honest opinion you won't even feel the zopiclone.

[21...]

Are you sure? Because I feel it. It doesn't last long but I pray you're right because it's working about 6 hours at a time.

You still have a lot of diazepam in your blood. So when you take zopiclone it's on top of all that diazepam.

Your Dr did you no favors by putting you on Zopiclone, it's a nasty drug you'll need to taper once you're free of the Diazepam.  How long have you been on it, it might be a good idea to get rid of it sooner rather than later.

I just started taking it. I've only used 4 in 2 days. It's strong but short acting. There's a limited amount of drugs here in Vietnam to choose from. I haven't taken any in about 24 hours. He gave me 140 of them.

If it were me I'd discontinue the Zopiclone, from my time on the forum it seems like the worst of the z-drugs to taper from.  When I was taking Ambien the interdose withdrawal symptoms it gave me were awful and the more I took the less I slept and the worse I felt. 

You have the Diazepam you need to taper, adding another addictive drug into the mix seems counterproductive.  Insomnia is a symptom of withdrawal and there really isn't any way to avoid it if you want to be free.

You have given me the most direct and informed/honest answer. I can't expect to have a cozy withdrawal. I've been told Ambien and other substitutes just make things worse.

From the bottom of my heart.

Thank you

You're very welcome, I wish there were an easier way to get this done but our saying here is, the only way out is through.  Do you have a taper plan for the Diazepam?

Trying a quarter a week down. I had to edit this...

Sorry for the late reply Pamster. It's been a really bad week. I am avoiding going to the local hospital. I felt normal today. I took my normal dose and depakote last night. Then I found out that ---- that is a not so good idea from what I read. Is this a bad idea? I'm exercising every day to get tired.. Thanks again.

I'm not sure what you're asking, are you thinking taking Depakote is a bad idea?  Do you have a seizure disorder, do you have migraines, are you bi-polar, is this why your Dr prescribed it?  I've never seen anyone on the forum use this drug as a withdrawal aid so I don't know if it's helping you if you're using it for that.  I worry about liver damage so I hope your Dr is doing regular lab work on you.

Why are you considering going to the hospital, are you experiencing concerning symptoms other than withdrawal which you can find listed here?  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

Have you been reducing the Valium, and if so by how much?  If you do a slow taper you should be able to function and avoid the hospital, please let us know how much you're reducing.