Dr. Catherine Pittman Shares Her Concerns About Benzodiazepines

[Ms...]

Excellent podcast. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, MsAtomicBomb.  I’ve included the topics and timeline below in hope of encouraging others to give it a listen.  My only disappointment is that Dr. Pittman’s show notes (PowerPoint slides) are not available via the COURAGEOUSLY.U website. I wonder if the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition would consider making them available via BIC’s website?

Dr. Catherine Pittman Shares her Concerns about Benzodiazepines

https://courageouslyu.com/benzodiazepines/

The problem with Benzodiazepines (7:26)

Where anxiety comes from in the brain (12:11)

What Benzodiazepines do in your brain (21:48)

The side effects of Benzodiazepines (25:31)

What happens if you take Benzodiazepines every day and then stop (28:26)

How long it takes to have changes in your brain after taking Benzos (30:35)

How daily use of Benzodiazepines creates a physiological dependence (34:30)

When Benzo use becomes a concern (35:12)

Why you don't come off Benzodiazepines cold turkey or without doctors help (36:30)

The most common Benzo withdrawal symptoms (39:47)

Why people confuse withdrawal symptoms as mental illness (44:45)

Yes, thanks very much for posting this podcast. I listened to it yesterday and thought it was great. Very detailed, very informative. I hope people listen to it. Ideally, something like that should be required listening/learning for all medical professionals. The patterns of prescriptions leading to tolerance, and then to more prescriptions as a result of changes to the amygdala need to be fully understood by all medical professionals who could potentially be diagnosing someone who has taken or will be taking benzodiazepines. And they also need to understand what withdrawal looks like in all its varied forms.

Kudos to Dr. Catherine Pittman for sharing her insights here. I do hope she'll continue to do so whenever and wherever possible so that such information is widely known.

Excellent podcast. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, MsAtomicBomb.  I’ve included the topics and timeline below in hope of encouraging others to give it a listen.  My only disappointment is that Dr. Pittman’s show notes (PowerPoint slides) are not available via the COURAGEOUSLY.U website. I wonder if the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition would consider making them available via BIC’s website?

Dr. Catherine Pittman Shares her Concerns about Benzodiazepines

https://courageouslyu.com/benzodiazepines/

The problem with Benzodiazepines (7:26)

Where anxiety comes from in the brain (12:11)

What Benzodiazepines do in your brain (21:48)

The side effects of Benzodiazepines (25:31)

What happens if you take Benzodiazepines every day and then stop (28:26)

How long it takes to have changes in your brain after taking Benzos (30:35)

How daily use of Benzodiazepines creates a physiological dependence (34:30)

When Benzo use becomes a concern (35:12)

Why you don't come off Benzodiazepines cold turkey or without doctors help (36:30)

The most common Benzo withdrawal symptoms (39:47)

Why people confuse withdrawal symptoms as mental illness (44:45)

Oh wow! Thanks for the timestamps. I'll find out if there is a transcript

Greetings, MsAtomicBomb.  Wonderful to hear from you as always.  I found the timestamps on the courageously.u website. :). That’s a great idea to ask if a transcript of the podcast is available.  It would also be grand if you could get a copy of what Dr. Pittman referred to as her “show notes” (it sounds like these are PowerPoint slides with graphics).