Hello, I'm new here, but I hope I will be able to become a part of this community

[di...]

My reason for joining benzobuddies is because I am and have been in the throes of diazepam tolerance withdrawal (as well as withdrawal induced by tapering) for years now, and I don't quite know how to proceed from here. (lyme disease has been and still is, a huge obstacle in the way) Prior to the liquid diazepam solution I have been taking, I was first put on Klonopin for Hallucinogen Persisting Perception disorder and anxiety caused by lyme disease/HPPD. I was then switched to ativan, and now here I am, taking 2.6 mg of diazepam in a liquid suspension, three times per day. I believe that I have damaged my GABAergic systems significantly with the amount of kindling I engaged in in the past, and the GABA activating nootropics that I took years ago in irresponsible amounts, combined with cannabis. I genuinely have not felt this hopeless/drained in my entire life.. I need others to talk to who have some idea of what I am going through, as I am losing my mind being off of facebook and away from the support groups I grew accustomed to. I have questions, but I would also like to offer support to others as well. It's always a two way street. Thank you.

Hello disillusioned404, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You're going to find many here who understand what you're going through, I'm sorry you feel so defeated, I remember the feeling well.  If you'd care to start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board you'll be able to start connecting right away.

Its good you're already on liquid Diazepam, that will make tapering easier, we typically suggest making 5-10% reductions every couple of weeks but stress symptom based tapers to minimize symptoms.

You mention being off Facebook,  is there a reason why you're not there anymore?  We're glad you found us, let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Hello disillusioned404, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You're going to find many here who understand what you're going through, I'm sorry you feel so defeated, I remember the feeling well.  If you'd care to start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board you'll be able to start connecting right away.

Its good you're already on liquid Diazepam, that will make tapering easier, we typically suggest making 5-10% reductions every couple of weeks but stress symptom based tapers to minimize symptoms.

You mention being off Facebook,  is there a reason why you're not there anymore?  We're glad you found us, let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  :) I will take some time at some point today to start a thread to connect with others. Just been beat lately, so even typing can be a chore mentally. I'm sure you know the feeling. 5-10% reductions are actually too much for me, being that I also have lyme disease, but thankfully it seems I have a psychiatrist that is willing to really work with me. We agreed recently that once I start tapering again, I will do it in .1 mg increments. As far as facebook goes, I left moreso out of principle than anything. Can't stand the company's policies. And I believe it was also just injecting too much negativity into my life in general.

I'm happy to hear you have a supportive Dr who understands your needs, you sound very well informed. 

We do our best to balance the negativity here but the nature of benzo withdrawal makes it a challenge.  We do expect our members to be kind and respectful to one another so in that way we differ from some of the more negative aspects of Facebook. 

Hello,disillusioned404

I would like to welcome you here. Even though I'm pretty new myself. I was just reading stories for over 6 months before becoming active on here. I'm so glad you have a supportive doctor.

Even though I myself have not gone through what you are describing- I've been supporting my husband for the last year of benzo use, taper and post use recovery... I just want you to know that you are not alone...My heart goes out to you ...I pray that you find a comfortable taper speed.

Please be kind to yourself...

I'm here if you would like to talk via private messages. I can offer you that if nothing else.