The Guy in This Video Reduced His 2mg Valium Pill By 0.003 Each Day

[Be...]

So what percentage is he reducing in a two week (14 day) period with a 2 mg pill? I'm terrible at math. I know no more than 10% is suggested. Just trying to get an idea of how slow he is going.

I'm at 11.5 mg, and currently holding, and wonder what 0.003 off my total dose would be percentage wise. I reduced by 4% and have had a terrible month with bad side effects. Someone recommended I try Daily MIcro-Tapering. I clearly can't do a 4% cut each month.

Also, at one point he'd be shaving down to crumbs. I think this would be hard on arthritic fingers. I understand you can crush the pillls, use special anti-static paper and weigh the powder. Pamster mentioned that in the same post where she posted this video. So each day there would be less powder weighed.

Roughly 1% per week.  Taper would have taken the best part of two years.

Wow! He went super slow on just that 2 mg pill? Wonder why? He doesn't say in the video if that's his only dose, or if he was taking other doses. Just seems excessivily long.

4% a month ( .5 mg) obviously is too much for me. But I wonder how I'd handle 2%. Or could I handle another .5 mg done gradually by tapering daily over a month.

How much would I reduce each day if I micro-tapered 5 mg a month?  Guesss I need to weigh 10 pills 1st to get an idea of the weight of one.

[3e...]

Reducing 5 mg in a month from 12 mg...

= 5/12 = 41.7% per month (~10% per week).  Way more than 4%.

Reducing 0.5 mg in a month from 12 mg...

= 0.5/12 = 4.17% (per month)    I think you tried that and it seemed like too fast a rate.

I think you should be considering a rate of around 1% a month to get started.  That's about 0.08 mg per month or about 0.0026 mg a day.  Maybe you can go to 2% a month after you get used to it, but only if you're feeling decent.

= 0.5/12 = 4.17% (per month)    I think you tried that and it seemed like too fast a rate.

I think you should be considering a rate of around 1% a month to get started.  That's about 0.08 mg per month or about 0.0026 mg a day.  Maybe you can go to 2% a month after you get used to it, but only if you're feeling decent.

The 5 mg was supposed to be ,5, which you figured out. 0.0026 mg of  2 mg pill?

[3e...]

The 5 mg was supposed to be ,5, which you figured out. 0.0026 mg of  2 mg pill?

That's the beauty of a liquid taper.  You can cut ridiculously small amounts.

I'm still confused, what is 1% of 11.5 mg. And how much am I reducing the 2mg minus the .5 I already cut to 1.5 mg. How much less than 1.5 mg do I need to make to equal 1% off my total ose. What is the weight of my dose from the 2mg pill once I subtract the 1% of my total?

I weighed 10 pills,

like the guy in the video.

Ugh! I don't know if I can do this. Too confusing.

Lottie, 1% of 11.5 is .115, so a 1% reduction would be .115 mg. Divide that by 30 and you get your daily reduction amount. .0038 mg daily.

Hello BenzoLottie.  Math is challenging for many members.  In case helpful members like kitsune556 aren’t around to answer your questions ... do you know you can use Google’s built in calculator to do so?  Just enter your question in the search box (in this case “What is 1% of 11.5?” and “What is 0.115 divided by 30?”).  A calculator will appear with the result in the display box!

Lottie, 1% of 11.5 is .115, so a 1% reduction would be .115 mg. Divide that by 30 and you get your daily reduction amount. .0038 mg daily.

So once I'm stable and ready to do this, my daily weight from the 2mg pill would be .0038? I plan on weighing pulverized pillls, also ordered the special paper Pamster mentioned in the Information post. I won't be starting anytime soon, but have the tools and want to practice so I get myself familiar with the process.

Hello BenzoLottie.  Math is challenging for many members.  In case helpful members like kitsune556 aren’t around to answer your questions ... do you know you can use Google’s built in calculator to do so?  Just enter your question in the search box (in this case “What is 1% of 11.5?” and “What is 0.115 divided by 30?”).  A calculator will appear with the result in the display box!

I'm also Autistic (Aspergers), and this whole experience has exacerbated that. I feel overwhelmed. My PC runs on Win 10, so there is a built in calculater there.  But the Google one sounds easy too. So if I reduce another 1%, is it "What is 1% of 11.4?" and I guess it would be "What is 0.114 divided by 30?" Is that right, have I got the idea?

Also, thank you to those who are helping me. I'm sorry I have so many questions, :( I just don't want to screw up and take too little.  ::)

Hello again, BenzoLottie.  Please don’t apologize for asking questions.  That’s how we learn.  I suggested using Google’s calculator because you are able to articulate the math questions you have in words (this is a good thing!).  Google allows you to enter your questions in that format.  So, yes, if your question is “What is 1% of 11.5?”  you just enter that sentence (including the question mark) into the Google search box. 

If you haven’t already done so, try entering your question.  Did the Google calculator appear?  Did you see the display box with the answer (0.115) in it?  If so, then you’ve mastered the fine art of using the Google calculator.

Hello again, BenzoLottie.  Please don’t apologize for asking questions.  That’s how we learn.  I suggested using Google’s calculator because you are able to articulate the math questions you have in words (this is a good thing!).  Google allows you to enter your questions in that format.  So, yes, if your question is “What is 1% of 11.5?”  you just enter that sentence (including the question mark) into the Google search box. 

If you haven’t already done so, try entering your question.  Did the Google calculator appear?  Did you see the display box with the answer (0.115) in it?  If so, then you’ve mastered the fine art of using the Google calculator.

Okay, I did what you said and got the calculater with the answer. Hopefully I can figure this out on my own. Now I just have to ait to stabilize.

• 1 month later...