I got the second dose of the Covid vaccine

[Je...]

Good afternoon all! I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I received the second dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine yesterday so it’s been a little over 24 hours. The second round is definitely stronger. I have no regrets though and not trying to scare anyone or sway your opinion on the vaccine one way or another, just wanted to share my experience if it will help someone else. About an hour after I got it I did start feeling a little dizziness, nothing unbearable, but it made itself known. My arm isn’t nearly as sore as it was with the first vaccine. I did get extremely tired last night and was asleep by 9 which is a couple of hours earlier than I usually go to bed, I did wake up at the time I normally do in the morning and felt exhausted. Still exhausted now typing this out. That seems to be the worst of it so far. I do have a mild headache but not bad enough to take ibuprofen or anything. Really just want to lay down and rest. No fever as of yet either. I will keep everyone posted on how tonight goes but so far so good. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [se...]

• [to...]

• [ki...]

Kitsune, thank you for posting the link! I did end up taking some ibuprofen and eating a good meal and the headache went away completely and feeling pretty good right now. Hopefully it stays that way the rest of the night but I will let you guys know!

Why a second dose?  Haven't read or heard anything about that?

Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines require two doses at 28 and 21 days respectively to achieve full immunity.

Hello everyone.  I have a Dr. friend in Boston, he contracted a very mild case of covid.  He has since been vaccinated and had no issues ,just soreness in the arm and slight flu like symptoms that abated in a day or two.

hope youre doing ok.  we dont have the vaccine yet here in Australia but when we do i'm gettting the vaccine pronto! i dont want COVID.  thanks for posting this.

• 2 weeks later...
My fam and friends who got the second shot of the vaccination said it is much harder. They all had to go to bed and cancel work.  This simply means your building antibodies. It takes about 3 days to feel recover enough to get on with life (amongst my people who have had  dose 2)

I get my 2nd Pfizer Covid Vaccine this Wednesday, 2\10 (Thank God).

I'll report back, but agree, a day or so of yuck  :'( , is welcome as it means your body is building antibodies.  :thumbsup:

Thank you all for posting your reactions.

I always get a sore arm from flu vacs, which I have not taken in 3 years since been so sick and odn't go out, so imagine I will be wiped out for a bit ;(  Guess with so much of it around you sort of have to do it.

But am in bad withdrawal so hesitate...

My sister works with the elderly, she was told that if you don't have a reaction the vaccination did not do it's job.  If you know that going in, and you know what to expect, I am sure you will be fine.  Sending positive energy your way..

I had the Oxford Vaccine yesterday - I put  my experience on a seperate thread in this section. I hope its helpful for anyone who is worried as I was absolutely terrified!!!

Thank you all for posting your reactions.

I always get a sore arm from flu vacs, which I have not taken in 3 years since been so sick and odn't go out, so imagine I will be wiped out for a bit ;(  Guess with so much of it around you sort of have to do it.

But am in bad withdrawal so hesitate...

I know it will be hard for you Barbara, but I really hope you do.  I will be thinking about you.  :smitten: