Questions about anxiety

[7e...]

[7e...]
So when you have extreme anxiety cause by benzo withdrawals, does it make you nervouse, scared and unsure of everything? Does everything seem dark? Does that go away? Do you just push through and ignore your feelings because they are not real right now?

I had all of those symptoms and it really helped me to keep repeating to myself that it was the drug, it wasn't real and it wasn't me and that when I recovered it would all go away and it did.

I have it as well. I'm 1 month off and just feel so unsecure in everything. I have never been an anxious person before, but now small things like movies, news makes me feel anxious. I don't get panic attacks, but all the time feel anxiety.

I don't know is it normal or not. I hope you are well!

I have that too. Nearly everything makes me nervous even just random things like people could say or a tv show. Or any of that. I definitely understand I feel a level of anxiety and uncertainty all the time I have no idea what that is. I’ve had anxiety in my life but never like this. I’m guessing it’s part of it?

Everything you're feeling is common during this process, the benzo dulls the anxiety, then when we become dependent or withdraw from them, it actually creates it, only it's a 100 times worse than the normal stuff we used to live with.

This isn't you or the new normal, this is just a long, terrible temporary condition.

Pamster, is this level of anxiety though going to be lower eventually? It doesnt stay here right? Even if you had some preexisting anxiety and worry before, do people tend to have this high of anxiety forever?

This symptom will lessen or it may disappear only to reappear some time down the road just like all of our symptoms do.  Our healing isn't linear so we never know what to expect from one day to the next but when you heal, this will go away.

If you had anxiety before benzo's you'll most likely have anxiety when you recover but it won't be like this, no way.  Most who have recovered look at the anxiety they get now and wonder why they ever thought it needed medicating because compared to benzo anxiety, its a piece of cake.

Pamster, is this level of anxiety though going to be lower eventually? It doesnt stay here right? Even if you had some preexisting anxiety and worry before, do people tend to have this high of anxiety forever?

Something intresting happened with me today. The anxiety just fade away for a minute. I mean that I felt normal anxiety. I watched the news, spoke about problems and there wasn't a problem. This morning I even couldn't see some bad post here, because the anxiety was 10/10 and few hours later 180°.

Hi everyone.

I concur with Pamster in this.

I am 1 year 2months out and i just went through a horrible time with anxiety with OCD obsessive thoughts.  None of this have i ever experienced this bad since stopping xanax. 

Anxiety can drive you crazy and will lead to continued fear, worry, horrible thinking.  This eventually compounds itself if you do not find a way to deal with it BUT, it will go away!  It is the recovery process and you need to always tell yourselves that.

On a positive note, i have also noticed that the feelings that i had pre benzos are coming back.  Those feeling of reality that benzos masked and dulled for so long.  It may take a bit to realize them but when you do, it is an eye opener and reassures that healing is happening.  This is truely a process of endurance and learning with a lot of needed patience as well.

I firmly believe accepting the process and maintaining optimism is essential.  Don't get me wrong, it is grueling to endure at times.  Rarely does one wake up 100%.  It just does not work that way.

In closing, as many have said who have traveled this road before,  your life will be different after benzos, most Don't go back to living life as before but during recovery, you just start to look at life in a different way, a more positive way. 

Addi, revovery is different for everyone.  No two people will have the same experiences in respect to time but we do go through somewhat similar experiences with symptoms.

During trying times, take deep breaths and be positive.  You will heal and be a better "you" for enduring this.

I wish you peace and healing.

Hingie