Sleeping pill addiction

[Do...]

Hi I have joined benzoyl buddies because I am addicted to sleeping pills.  I have been taking a sleeping pill in the morning for anxiety too.

I want to stop taking them for anxiety and sleep, but I can't sleep without them.  I have been on them since March 2017.

Hi Dom81, welcome to BenzoBuddies.

My guess is that you’re needing a sleeping pill for anxiety in the morning because the pill has worn off overnight, leaving you in withdrawal which manifests itself as anxiety.  This is all too common with benzodiazepines.

I understand your concern about sleeping.  It does take the body awhile to re-establish sleep.  Hopefully you can get some tips for getting to sleep on our Insomnia board.

Here’s a link to the taper board where you can ask for help with a taper plan: Planning your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Other members replying to your posts generally prefer to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzodiazepine information automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your pertinent info (benzodiazepine, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is a comprehensive and highly regarded free online resource about benzodiazepine use, withdrawal and recovery. If you’re not familiar with it we recommend having a look.

Hi Dom! What kind of sleeping pills are you taking? If you want to join the Z drug thread ( sleeping pill group) we'd be glad to see if we can assist you. I'm praying for your success.  :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...