Cold sensation in gums, tongue, throat

[Sy...]

Hello all..I’ve had a cold sensation in my right upper gums, right side of tongue and down throat for almost a year. I had a fine needle aspiration test in the right parotid gland for a small cyst last January and these symptoms started about a month later. Maybe sooner than that. I can’t remember exactly. I saw a neurologist and he thinks it sounds like my trigeminal nerve is irritated. He doesn’t think it’s from the test done. The doctor doing the test seemed to really go in and out with that needle pretty hard at times. I also read online that some people have these symptoms and it’s possibly acid reflux.  These symptoms are there 24/7 and have me very concerned. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life dealing with these. Does anybody else have these symptoms? Have they lessened over time? If it’s nerve damage I know it can take a long time for the nerve to heal.

I was trying to ascertain if your condition is related to benzo's and it doesn't sound like it is.  The timing suggests it started when you had that test, it does sound like the nerve was damaged.

• 3 weeks later...

Ajusta I don’t think that response was comforting.

Yes I’ve had cold sensations. Like icy hot being rubbed on my skin and in my mouth. It comes and goes for me. I haven’t had it as often lately. I’d say it’s a coincidence and wd was going to cause it regardless.

It’s a normal symptom. Our nerves are misfiring. It goes away.

Search “icy hot feeling” on the boards and you’ll find tons of people talking about it

Hi,

The gums and left side of  my tongue and throat are feeling dry. When I drink water this feeling gets worse. I assume it has to do with the taper.