Hi Hello

[...]

Hi BenzoBuddies

My main reason I am here is to get info about benzos, and how to use them safely..

I have been taking both Alprazolam and Diazepam on and of for about 10 years, both recreationally and because of social anxiety and an anxiety disorder (GAD).

My present dose is ~20 mg Diazepam, 10mg at morning and 10mg at night. This is what I need to function in my daily activities. But I wish to taper this down and quit completely with benzos.

I've tried to quit a few times before CT but only lasted for about 2-3 months until I couldn't take it anymore.

This was about an year ago.

After that I've been taking both diazepam and alprazolam spontaneously when I felt the need for it and also recreationally.

Hello JWNB :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are very glad you joined our community, you will find plenty of information here.  You've  made a great decision to taper off your diazepam, cold turkey is not recommended, a slow taper is best with benzodiazepines.    We can help you with support, encouragement and taper/withdrawal information.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

In general it's advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  You can taper slower, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

The Ashton Manual is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body,  I would suggest you check it out.  The manual provides taper and withdrawal information

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Valium/Diazepam Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita