xanax is hell

[sa...]

i m new on this forum. its been 8 monthes i CT xanax. I want to open a post to ask about my symtom but i cant see anywsy to post on forums or reply to other posts.

Hello saimshah, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You're now a member of the forum so you can post.  It looks like you quit cold turkey, I did too and understand you're probably disappointed to still be suffering symptoms this far out but it's very common.

You're welcome to start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board to reach out to other members who are feeling like you are.  Have you read  The Ashton Manual, chapter 3 will list your symptoms and why you feel them, I found it comforting to read that chapter, it helped me be less afraid.

We're glad you found us, let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Covid-19 started to spread in my country from 23rd March  and in April i got a bad flue which made me fearful that i cought covid. doc gave me antibiotec which somehow give me bad heart palpation.  i was scared and went to doc and he gave me beta blocker and librax . i was not aware about it . as soon as i started to take librax i was full of anxiety and heart palpation and everything u can describe.i went to doc after 5 days and insisting him to change tablet. he still said nothing wrong with it. on my insisting he changed  it to xanax .25 mg night and .25 mg for day i just took .25 mg at night but still my anxiety was on top. i again went to doc after 5 days as i was not able to sleep and anxiety was on top and too much fear. i was not even able to walk. he stopped beta blocker but still asked me to take xanax .25 mg for 2 times also prescribed me citanew 10 mg as i told him i took it 5 years ago when i had panic attacks. i took xanax .25 mg total 1 month and 5 days and then stopped xanax CT. i faced alot of wd and got normal in 2 monthes but still was taking citanew which i left after taking 5 monthes. now from last 3 monthes i m having full blown anxiety . is someone confirm its still xanax WD or i m having anxiety and should take citanew again as it suites me..

It's normal to still be experiencing anxiety this far out from stopping the Xanax, and it feels worse than normal anxiety for most members.  I guess if I were in your shoes I'd compare what you feel now to how you felt before March 23rd.  If you were functioning before Covid I would assume that this is still withdrawal and hold off on adding new medications until you're sure you've recovered from your cold turkey. 

5 days ago i took chammomile for deep sleep but i was totally not able to sleep. and now from 3 days after dropping tea i am able to get some sleep but too many sweats. last night woke up with fear and it was like something on my head and i was having bad thoughts like i m going to die.. my brain was like not in my control.. is it with drawal ?  i could not sleep whole night afterward. i m too much scared now.

i left xanax almost 9 months ago also i was on very smsller dose .25 only for 5 weeks. :(. still i will face such symtoms. ?any idea how long i will take to recover or i have to live like this forever  :(

so what is it ? any idea ? i just faced wd first 2 monthes 9 monthes ago and then started citanew and got ok. i stopped  citanew 3 monthes ago and since then facing these issues.